Sponsored

Has anyone tried lowering the driver seat?

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I think the Recaros sit lower. Maybe look into them. BTW I have the Recaros and they are perfect for me, height-wise. I'm 5'11".
Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I think the Recaros sit lower. Maybe look into them. BTW I have the Recaros and they are perfect for me, height-wise. I'm 5'11".
I think the Recaros actually sit a bit higher than stock. Watch Matt Farah's review of the Roush Stage3, he mentioned this in his review.

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
Recaros definitely sit high. This high seating position thing seems to be the latest trend, don't remember the S197s being so high, but my Evo X sat so high it felt like I was in an SUV. I ended up having to source custom seat brackets from Japan that lowered the seat about half an inch by offsetting the seat rail behind the floor pan rails. It helped a little but not enough. Looking at the Mustang, though, I don't think such a thing is an option since the sliders are already on those floor pan rails. I think the only way to fix it with the stock seats would be to rework the floor pan to get rid of those rails and bolt the seats to a flat pan.

Only thing I can imagine will fix it would be to ditch the OEM seats for some aftermarket buckets on aftermarket sliders.
Sponsored