Sponsored

Has Anyone Seriously or Minorly Scraped?

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
Has anyone scraped the bottom of their car or the splitter/skirts yet on like a speed bump or driveway? Any damage from that? I have a annoying curb at the end of my drive way and haven't had problems thus far.
Sponsored

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
I had to buy a huge piece of steel to place at the end of my driveway......bottomed out my Fox and lost 2nd gear....no problems with my S550

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I scraped the passenger corner of my splitter against the crown framing my garage's entrance. It's a tiny-ass entrance without a driveway, and I thought I was clearing it because I didn't hear anything with my windows down. Hopped out and it looks like someone ground the shit out of the corner. :(

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ive scraped a few times. damn these California roads. I hate that they make drives into shopping centers so steep. and it doesn't help when the road is curved also...
ill take a pic of this one spot that is notorious for this. there are tons of indentions about an inch into the ground from all the victims it has claimed.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I left that rubber thing in front of the car behind due to a huge bump, it kept scraping anyway. That plastic thing surrounding the front.

Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
I just scraped the front end yesterday coming out of a garage. There is a steep incline going into/out of the garage. I noticed it going in and slowed to a crawl but forgot coming out. Luckily I have a Sto-n-show license plate frame which positions the plate just below the bottom skirt. The license plate took all the abuse. So I scraped by this time.

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0
Has anyone scraped the bottom of their car or the splitter/skirts yet on like a speed bump or driveway? Any damage from that? I have a annoying curb at the end of my drive way and haven't had problems thus far.
Prab,

How does every dam* day sound!

It really comes with the territory of driving a lowered Mustang but luckily, it really does no damage as long as you are aware.

What I mean by that is, if you slowly go over things that have the chance of scraping, and you lightly scrape your exhaust or splitter, you have nothing to worry about.

The real problems only occur when you hit something like a speed bump or major incline with some speed! That is when the damage happens.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I hit a curb with my rear passenger wheel yesterday and knocked a chunk out of it about half the size of a fingernail if that counts.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hit a curb with my rear passenger wheel yesterday and knocked a chunk out of it about half the size of a fingernail if that counts.
that's gotta hurt.

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
No issues yet, however the incline to the driveway is quite steep. My other car scrapes like no tomorrow.

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
that's gotta hurt.
Eh; dings are a part of life. As long as the wheel maintains its structural integrity I really couldn't care less.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Yes, on a low curb while parking in one of those angular street parking spaces. I could not tell really when to stop, and kept chancing it, creeping forward till suddenly I heard that awful scraping sound. :eek: Good thing the curb wasn't any higher or I could have cracked something in front. When you run your fingers underneath you can feel all the gashes. The damage is not visible, at least. :rolleyes:

Now I have my passenger get out and check the distance for me; otherwise I tend to park a tad too far back from the curbs. :p

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Yes, on a low curb while parking in one of those angular street parking spaces. I could not tell really when to stop, and kept chancing it, creeping forward till suddenly I heard that awful scraping sound. :eek: Good thing the curb wasn't any higher or I could have cracked something in front. When you run your fingers underneath you can feel all the gashes. The damage is not visible, at least. :rolleyes:

Now I have my passenger get out and check the distance for me; otherwise I tend to park a tad too far back from the curbs. :p
I installed a Curb Alert after destroying my Sto-N-Sho-->:thumbsup:

Last edited:

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
Well I was pulling into a parking lot and I had thought I took the turn wide enough but as I was turning right into the parking lot I ran over the curb with the rear right tire. DOH! only 1000 miles on it too. luckily i didn't harm the tire or the rim BUT i did happen to scrape the small plastic tire guard and about an inch of a metal lip scrape right by the plastic guard that runs the length of the car. Should I paint the inch scrape? no one would ever see it but do I have to worry about rust in the long term?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
another nekro!
Sponsored