Sponsored

Has anybody bought an extended Ford PremiumCARE warranty through FloodFordESP online?

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hi Guys,

I've had some issues with my Mustang and now I'm leaning towards getting an extended warranty. Have any of you bought online at FloodFordESP.com? The price is about half of the cost of purchasing directly from Ford! When I get my car back I'm going to see if the dealership can come close to Flood Ford's price, but if they can't, I think I'm going to pull the trigger. I called Flood Ford and the rep said it's the same exact warranty you would purchase from Ford directly or from the Ford dealership. However, you can only purchase online from Flood Ford which is what has me a little spooked. Before I buy from Flood Ford, I wanted to be sure they were legit and that the warranty is indeed the Ford Protect warranty and that I won't have any issue when I bring my car in for service. I'm going to get the PermiumCARE plan with $0 deductible. Is the PremiumCARE plan basically bumper to bumper? Thanks in advance!

--Tom
Sponsored

slickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Tomnelsonii I had purchased two from Flood over the years one was my 2013 Mustang its Ford they are legit

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Hi Guys,

I've had some issues with my Mustang and now I'm leaning towards getting an extended warranty. Have any of you bought online at FloodFordESP.com? The price is about half of the cost of purchasing directly from Ford! When I get my car back I'm going to see if the dealership can come close to Flood Ford's price, but if they can't, I think I'm going to pull the trigger. I called Flood Ford and the rep said it's the same exact warranty you would purchase from Ford directly or from the Ford dealership. However, you can only purchase online from Flood Ford which is what has me a little spooked. Before I buy from Flood Ford, I wanted to be sure they were legit and that the warranty is indeed the Ford Protect warranty and that I won't have any issue when I bring my car in for service. I'm going to get the PermiumCARE plan with $0 deductible. Is the PremiumCARE plan basically bumper to bumper? Thanks in advance!

--Tom
I bought a lower package and have yet to use it.

CVCashmere

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I just purchased the Flood Ford Extended Premium care for 6/60 with a 100 deductable for 710.00. My dealership wanted 1500.00 for the same plan. Got the email today that the plan is active and entered into the Ford database.

The premium care is the highest warranty coverage available and covers pretty much everything the factory warranty cover

Here is part of the email I got today from Flood Ford.

"Your ESP order is now complete. Attached you will find a copy of your contract, and invoice you may print for your records. There is nothing you need to sign or send back. Your order was electronically registered with Ford, and the VIN was recorded in the national ESP database. Any dealer you go to will automatically be able to find you in their ESP computer. There are no cards or papers you need to carry. Ford does not currently have the ability to show your plan on Owner.Ford.com. Hopefully they will add this much requested feature in the future."

Last edited:

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
The zero deductible plan adds significant cost. Most go for the $100 deductible. I showed my dealer Flood’s quote the day I picked up my 19. He dropped his price to within $50 of Flood’s price. I like my dealer and he has always done right by me so I bought the premium care through him instead of Flood even though it cost me $50 more. I got the Premium care plan for 8 years/75K miles with the int/ext lighting and first day rental car options for $1325 IIRC.

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I went with the 75k/8year 0 deductible for about $1,100. Mines not a daily and I figured it was pretty reasonable insurance since I plan on keeping it awhile.

rayban1

Rayban1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Guard
So we all get the 3 year, 36000 mi warranty, so when you buy a plan does that mean if you buy for example a 6 year 60,000 mi plan , you already get the 3 year 36000 mi plan.....the way they word it sounds like you get 6 years but really the first 3 years or 36000, miles you get already.......Champion ford was cheaper than flood when I looked last.......

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Directly from the FAQ found on Flood Ford’s site:
When will my extended warranty begin and end?
Your warranty will begin from your vehicle's original in-service date and mileage. This is the date and mileage of your vehicle when it was first sold from the dealer as a new vehicle.
So for those who are spending $ now for only a 60k or 75k Plan when still having the 3/36k in effect, you’re essentially wasting $$$, because the “ESP” (now called “Ford Protect”) is running concurrently with the 3/36.... it does not start after the 3/36k. To put it into perspective, you’re really only getting 39k of coverage for your money spent. The best route would be the max plan, which is the 8yr/150k (essentially you’re buying into a 114k plan).

The other thing to think about when buying any extended plans:
1) Will you max out your mileage first or the years left on the plan? Folks who drive a lot will max miles sooner than years.
2) How long will you be keeping the vehicle?

—————

Just another Warranty FYI for those that either don’t read or are unaware of the fine print found in the booklets and cards that come with the vehicle (the below is the Warranty provisions for the 2018 model year):

Extended warranty coverage periods are available for certain vehicle parts and conditions. Specifically,

(1) Your vehicle’s Powertrain components are covered for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The extended coverage applies to the:

Engine: all internal lubricated parts, cylinder block, cylinder heads, electrical fuel pump, powertrain control module, engine mounts, flywheel, injection pump, manifold (exhaust and intake), manifold bolts, oil pan, oil pump, seals and gaskets, engine thermostat, engine thermostat housing, timing chain cover, timing chain (gears or belt), turbocharger/supercharger unit, valve covers, water pump;

Transmission: all internal parts, clutch cover, seals and gaskets, torque converter, transfer case (including all internal parts), transmission case, transmission mounts;

Front-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, front bearings, seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints;

Rear-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, rear bearings, center support bearing, drive axle housing (including all internal parts), drive shaft, retainers, supports, seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints.

Four-Wheel/All-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, bearings (front and rear), center support bearing, drive shafts, final drive housing (including all internal parts), hubs-automatic front locking (four-wheel drive), locking rings (four-wheel drive), seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints.

(2) Your vehicle’s safety belts and air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) are covered for an extended Safety Restraint Coverage Period, which lasts for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

(3) Your vehicle’s body sheet metal panels are covered for an extended Corrosion Coverage Period, which lasts for five years, regardless of miles driven. The extended warranty coverage only applies if a body sheet metal panel becomes perforated due to corrosion during normal use due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship. If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage, and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions and/or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage repairs are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles. For damage caused by airborne material (environmental fallout) where there is no factory-related defect involved and therefore no warranty − our policy is to provide free repair of paint damage due to the airborne material for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

(4) Your vehicle’s direct injection diesel engine and certain engine components are covered during the PowerStroke Diesel Engine Coverage Period, which lasts for five years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The following parts are covered during this extended coverage period: the engine, cylinder block, heads and all internal parts, intake and exhaust manifolds, timing gear, harmonic balancer, valve covers, oil pan and pump, water pump, fuel system (excluding fuel lines, fuel tank and frame mounted fuel conditioning module sometimes referred to as the frame mounted pump/filter/water separator or frame mounted fuel filter/water separator), high pressure lines, gaskets and seals, glow plugs, turbocharger, two-stage turbocharger assembly, turbocharger actuator, powertrain control module, high pressure fuel injection pump assembly, injectors, injection pressure sensor, fuel rail pressure sensor, exhaust back pressure regulator and sensor, exhaust pressure sensor, manifold pressure sensor, intake air temperature sensor, crankshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor, accelerator switch.

NOTE: Some components may also be covered by the Emissions Warranties. For more information, see pages 17-31.

—————

* Ford will replace or adjust certain maintenance items when necessary, free of charge during a limited period:
• Wiper blade replacements will be provided during the first six months
in service, regardless of miles driven.
• Wheel alignments and tire balancing will be provided during the first 12 months or 12,000 miles in service, whichever occurs first.
• Brake pad/lining replacements will be provided during the first 12 months or 18,000 miles in service, whichever occurs first.

—————

In addition ...
ROADSIDE SERVICE ASSISTANCE
(UNITED STATES, PUERTO RICO, AND U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS)

Your vehicle is covered by the complimentary Ford Roadside Assistance Program (unless you are driving a daily rental unit). Under this program, Ford will cover:

• Towing to the nearest Ford Motor Company dealership, or towing to your selling dealership if within 35 miles of the disablement
• Flat tire change (vehicle must have useable spare)
• Fuel delivery (limited to two occurrences in a 12-month period up to
2 gal. gas, 5 gal. diesel)
• Jump starts
• Lock-out assistance (replacement key cost is customer responsibility)
• Winch out services: includes pulling a vehicle within 100 feet of a paved or county maintained road. No recoveries.

The Roadside Assistance Program is separate from the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. It begins at the warranty start date and lasts for five years or 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first). If you need towing beyond the five years or 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first) period, Ford can arrange roadside assistance and charge your credit card. If the reason for the vehicle disablement is later found to be covered by another Ford warranty, Ford will provide a refund for the tow charge under the other warranty, through the dealership.

For emergency roadside assistance, call 1-800-241-3673, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Emissions Warranty has its own (very lengthy) warranty provision and listing of many covered parts - see your warranty booklet for such detailed info.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
So we all get the 3 year, 36000 mi warranty, so when you buy a plan does that mean if you buy for example a 6 year 60,000 mi plan , you already get the 3 year 36000 mi plan.....the way they word it sounds like you get 6 years but really the first 3 years or 36000, miles you get already.......Champion ford was cheaper than flood when I looked last.......
From the factory we all get the 3/36 and 5/60 PT warranty. So in my case, we are coming up on our 3 year anniversary with 24k miles and I wanted to extend the warranty for 3 more years. We purchased the 6/60 so we are covered for 3 more years and up to 60k miles or another 3/36 for 710.00. The AC issues were the main reason I purchased the ESP. The Evaporator was already replaced and should hold up for at least 3 years but I would rather have an ESP than potentially pay twice that amount for a repair to the AC unit.

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Well, my car has only 8,900 relatively easy miles on it, and it's at the dealership getting one of the cams torn out so all of the rocker arms and lash adjusters can be replaced. Combine that with all of the A/C issues, as well as Ford's generally shitty build quality on these S550 Mustangs, and I just don't trust the car to not leave me with an expensive repair bill. I may only have 8900 miles on my car, but I only have 10 months of bumper to bumper warranty left. You also have to consider the resale value a warranty adds. When my car is paid off at 5 years, it will have less than 30k miles on it. I can sell it at that point and it will still have 3 years and 30k miles of bumper to bumper warranty remaining for the next owner. For $1155 bucks, you are adding another 5 years of bumper to bumper warranty on top of the 3 years from the factory, seems like a no brainer for me! Also, if you wait until after the 3 year/36 month warranty expires the cost goes up.

It always amuses me when people get off topic and give unsolicited advice. The question was just whether Flood Ford ESP was legit? The question was NOT whether you think an extended warranty is worth the money or a good idea! I've already made my decision in that regard.

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Yes, Flood Ford is Legit, and great pricing.

CFUG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
...It always amuses me when people get off topic and give unsolicited advice.
What I find amazing the amount of time people spend putting together posts that have no useful info directly related to the question.

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
Hi Guys,

--Tom
Hi, this week I bought a 7/100k premium care from Ziegler for 1075.00.

I called my local dealer and they wanted 2800.00

My S550 is 14 mos old, thought I bought it 3 weeks ago. It was reading the drama on this forum that made me choose to extend the warranty.

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
I ended up buying the 8yr/60k mile plan from my local Ford dealership. Flood Ford wanted $1155 and the dealership did $1350. I know I paid an extra $200 to buy right from my local Ford dealership, but it was worth it to me.

EDIT: This was the Premium care with zero dollar deductible.

Last edited:

rayban1

Rayban1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Guard
i bought the 7yr/60k premium care from Champion Lincoln for $840.00.
Sponsored