19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase

I thought I'd share a noise that my 2019 'R' was making some months back until I took a 30-minute drive to the Ford Service department where by the time I arrived, had gone away completely. At the time, only 770 miles had been clocked on the car and now close to 1,900 miles with no sign of anything wrong.

I searched the forums quite extensively without luck of finding anyone with this particular issue. With the clutch disengaged, it would make this noise but would almost all but go away once i depressed the clutch. It almost sounded like a bad throwout bearing or something clutch/transmission-related. Again, no issue now, but it has always bugged me not knowing what the issue was.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, what did you learn?

Hopefully the link to the video works but if not, I'll try another method.
Sponsored

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Ya sounds like a throw out bearing to me. Especially if the noise goes away once you press in the clutch. Since the car is under warranty, I would take another trip down to the dealer and hopefully they can hear the noise.

OP
OP

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
It was a classic setup. Headed to the dealer so they could hear it too and what do you know, sound disappeared by the time I rolled up. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored