M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Can't outrun the radio...
Exactly...see it all the time out here in Southern Cal, don't forget the cop chopter as well as the news chopter from up above.
Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Now his future as a convicted felon (after court) will not involve his ability to 1. Vote 2. Own or possess a firearm.
Um, the kind of behavior demonstrated he likely doesn't vote and probably doesn't have registered guns.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Anybody see the doc on Big Red last Monday night. They closed off a 100 mile stretch of highway in Nevada. Big Red a 1969 camaro in race trim reached over 220 mph and set the record. Cool show it's on for 7 more episodes Monday nights @ 9 pm EST on NBCsN. This car out runs everything on the planet. Mojave magnum they set the record of 234.4 mph and it stills stands today .They are going for a 250 mph land speed @ the flats.

"Big Red the original outlaw racer". If you like speed don't miss this show. Also ----big red.com--
Thanks for the heads up on Big Red TV series. I set the DVR for episode 2 +. I can find no way to watch episode one. Anyone have a link where that might be available to watch on the web. I was surprised it did not show on Comcast On Demand. :(

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I just watched Gone in 60 Seconds and am going to go find a cop to outrun. Hopefully there is a tow truck I can ramp off it seems pretty simple/easy/logical.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I'd sentence him to drive an '82 Cavalier for the next five years.

What an idiot. Nice looking 14 Mustang, though. Custom?

Sponsored

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
I was in a 400+ WHP SRT-4.
A 400whp Neon? What did you do to it?

And I did it once. On a test drive in a 350Z. But that's all I have to say about that.

I used to be in the SO ride along program because my dad was a deputy. They wouldn't let family ride with family in case tshtf they didn't want to explain husband and son dead to a wife/mom. So the guy I'm riding with we are doing about 80 heading to a call-back on a domestic violence from earlier in the day, just to make sure everything was ok. He hit the radar on a car and it was doing 105. He flashed the lights and kept going. When I asked why we weren't going after him, he told me "we're separating at almost 200mph. by the time we stop, we won't be able to see him." Kept that in my head ever since.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Like you say though, one time thing...that was back in HS...I'm not dumb enough to try that now lol
Yeah, HS. Like the time my buddy and I were racing down a quiet street and saw red lights come on as we passed a cross street. I figured we were screwed, so slowed and pulled over. My buddy stayed on it and, bless the cop's heart, the cop bit and followed him. I watched them race off, and took off myself. Turned on the next street and zig-zagged home. Dad was never the wiser.

Turns out my buddy got home, too, but had a cop on his bumper when he got there. As I recall the story, they had a nice chat but somehow he talked his way out of a ticket. I never had that kind of silver tongue.

And somehow we survived.

moto vudu

No Guts - No Glory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 50 Yr
Incorrect...lol a lot of super cars will get you away if you know how to drive them. Police choppers only run like 120-150 for about 1 hour and they are done. Cruisers top out at 140 ish....if he could have maintained 150 long enough and turned off he could have made it. But yes mustang GTs don't outrun radios
I don't know why people say "you can't outrun a radio!"... since when have radio waves ever caught and arrested anyone? You don't have to outrun a radio, you simply have to outrun the VEHICLE(s) that the radios are mounted in. It's done on sportbikes all day everyday, if the police can no longer see you because you disappeared over the horizon (then you took an exit)... they can't radio which direction you're headed. Their radios are useless at that point... all they have is "last seen headed ____ direction.

You're right, on a long straight... fast car & bikes can outrun police choppers as well.

I also agree that a Mustang GT isn't a fast enough vehicle to be running from the cops in most situations.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium

Guy shoulda took driving lessons from these guys!! They never got caught!:headbonk:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
A 400whp Neon? What did you do to it?
Everything! Big turbo swap, Big intercooler, meth injection, Inverted coilovers. Loved that little car.

Sponsored

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
Driving on the 60 freeway about 5 years ago in an Econoline E-350 with a V-10 in the fast lane doing about 82. This asshat in a Nissan SUV was floating in and out of the car pool lane and cutting people off. I look in the rear view and there is a CHP coming up on me to the right....Busted I think. She gets along side me and is motioning to me to go faster...she was using my van as a pick to track the asshat...After about a mile she waves me off and pulls over Nissan boy...I was proud that day to help law enforcement..

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
In highschool in a small town we could get away pretty easy hitting back roads but the cops never tried too hard. I know a couple guys that have gotten away in some pretty good chases and have a pretty good friend that wrecked his 03 cobra running. The problem is now days they will shoot you for it. Most cops figure if your running your dangerous or have a good reason to run so if they can see your a danger to other people they just end you....
Sounds like you have a bunch of idiots for friends.
Sponsored