OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Here's a before and after when cleaning with a majic eraser. I did not use the majic eraser on the front surface of the wheel. I didn't want to take the chance of light scuffs if the eraser was too abrasive. Only the inner barrel and on the ceramic coating. Bucket of warm water and majic eraser is all I used.

Wheel1.jpg

Wheel2.jpg

Wheel3.jpg
That’s incredible! I will give it a whirl ASAP. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored

Snoogens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that is pretty grimy! The rotors look near the end of life too. Try a magic eraser and/or some Dawn soap and water.

Looks like your wheel weights shifted. Might want to tend to that as well.
Hypothetically...if one were inquiring on how to tell if their wheel weights had shifted or not... how could one tell?

👀👀👀Asking for a friend 😅

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
After I went out to clean the wheels, the left side wheel weights was worse!
Is this just cheap adhesive that for heated up from the rotors? I’ve never seen this after 20 or so track days I’ve done ok multiple different cars.

7C8AE9A9-ACA3-4881-976B-0BCA2FAD0875.jpeg

Sponsored

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
After I went out to clean the wheels, the left side wheel weights was worse!
Is this just cheap adhesive that for heated up from the rotors? I’ve never seen this after 20 or so track days I’ve done ok multiple different cars.

7C8AE9A9-ACA3-4881-976B-0BCA2FAD0875.jpeg
Looks like adhesive gave way due to the heat generated by the caliper and rotor. Just get some more weights of equal size and weight, mark their location, remove the old ones, thoroughly clean the surface and re-apply the new weights.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Looks like adhesive gave way due to the heat generated by the caliper and rotor. Just get some more weights of equal size and weight, mark their location, remove the old ones, thoroughly clean the surface and re-apply the new weights.
And then cover them with a piece of foil tape, if you will continue to track the car. Throwing weights on track is pretty common if not held down and protected from heat. The weight adhesive is not meant for track temps.
Sponsored