Sponsored

GT350R Brake calipers color match to RACE RED Exterior, anyone?

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
I am deliberating buying the R calipers since its no downtime and an OEM ready part, from photos online the red on the R calipers looks weird. My car is Race Red, do they match fairly close to perfect or its quite a difference in person? Does anyone know or comment on this?

350R Calipers are $1000, i can install and bleed myself FREE labor!
to remove the gray 350 calipers and send out to be painted Race Red etc they quoted me over $1200 at a custom body shop in my area who does amazing work.

Powdercoating is $600 but to be honest i don't trust the sand blasting prep because that stuff goes everywhere and i would be worried it will get into the brakes and pose a safety risk especially at high speed.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Buy them. Sell your original ones if you feel the need to.

They match perfectly.

zIMG_3126-Edit.jpg

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
sweet thanks for posting, is there a market for the original 350 calipers? iw as considering keeping them in case resale value would be hampered one day. is that your 350R? where are you at in NY?

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I am deliberating buying the R calipers since its no downtime and an OEM ready part, from photos online the red on the R calipers looks weird. My car is Race Red, do they match fairly close to perfect or its quite a difference in person? Does anyone know or comment on this?

to remove the gray 350 calipers and send out to be painted Race Red etc they quoted me over $1200 at a custom body shop in my area who does amazing work.

Powdercoating is $600 but to be honest i don't trust the sand blasting prep because that stuff goes everywhere and i would be worried it will get into the brakes and pose a safety risk especially at high speed.
What is wrong with painting them yourself and re-apply the brembo stickers?
a 50 bucks affair....
They are same calipers just different color ?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Buy them. Sell your original ones if you feel the need to.

They match perfectly.

zIMG_3126-Edit.jpg
GODDAMN!!! Every time i see the red/black Gt350s I fall in love again. I just can bring my self to own a red car again! I truly love the darker shades but dammit it looks good in red.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
What is wrong with painting them yourself and re-apply the brembo stickers?
a 50 bucks affair....
They are same calipers just different color ?

i would never attempt to brush paint them, they honestly need proper prep of a etch primer, basecoat, sticker decal then clear, sprayed out of course, it will take some days to get the local shop to do it. With the anodize finish they said prep is key for it to come out right. I am def open to selling them as is and getting the R ones out of the box in red. I just don't know who would buy 350 calipers since they don't fit GT models.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
i would never attempt to brush paint them, they honestly need proper prep of a etch primer, basecoat, sticker decal then clear, sprayed out of course, it will take some days to get the local shop to do it. With the anodize finish they said prep is key for it to come out right. I am def open to selling them as is and getting the R ones out of the box in red. I just don't know who would buy 350 calipers since they don't fit GT models.
UM! People who want spares or custom colors. They will sell!

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
UM! People who want spares or custom colors. They will sell!
i guess so, is there a relatively easy way to retrofit these to a GT model without breaking the bank for most owners? I guess il throw them up in Classified and see if someone has interest but if anyone is reading this thread and is interested just PM me, car is in the stable with the others for now.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
sweet thanks for posting, is there a market for the original 350 calipers? iw as considering keeping them in case resale value would be hampered one day. is that your 350R? where are you at in NY?

It isn't an R but rather a Track Pack. I'm on the west side of NY, in Upstate.

I kept my originals and may or may not do something with them. Definitely a market for them, especially since GT owners can bolt them on with the right caliper adapter bracket.

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
i guess so, is there a relatively easy way to retrofit these to a GT model without breaking the bank for most owners? I guess il throw them up in Classified and see if someone has interest but if anyone is reading this thread and is interested just PM me, car is in the stable with the others for now.
I wish, I would buy them if that were the case. One company makes the custom brackets needed to mount 350 brakes on a GT, however they currently only offer them in a full brake package as far as I know. Either way, the 350 brakes seem to always sell fairly quickly on the classifieds.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Of course they will say... they need to justify the dough they ask for.

If you clean and apply proper primer, and allow recommended times to clear between coats, you won't be able to tell if they are brush painted or spray painted ... not even when clean, let alone after a couple of miles / turns.

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car

If you are interested in selling the used black caliper set please PM me.
Sponsored