Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You can't live in your car, so make sure you are financially secured first.
Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
If you are asking this on a public forum, you shouldn't get it. Obviously not financially secure.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
If you are asking this on a public forum, you shouldn't get it. Obviously not financially secure.
Key words "public forum"...small talk...why not...isn't that what the forum is about...cheers :cheers:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Security is relative for some people having the ability to cover expenses for a year is security. For some being ready for the Zombie apocalypse is. You need to decide what that is for you a lot of times its really a mental thing.

My first car was 591 a month. I pay 635 a month for the GT350 and I make more then double. I actually feel worse about the GT350 payment then the 591 one.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
If you have your emergency fund, and $$ to spare, why not? This is a once-in-a-lifetime car(Cmon, Ford made a FPC? GETOUTTAHERE!), And its relatively affordable. Theres not one day where I dont say, "God damn!", whether its driving it, or if Im just looking at it. I was feigning over the car for months, watching videos of it basically everyday. Once I got the car, it met my expectations and more. You wouldnt believe the sounds this car makes(resonator delete mandatory). Fucking car guy heaven.

Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you can afford it, sure, why not? When I was younger, I was that guy that changed cars every 12-18 months. Financially sound? No. Did I enjoy it? Yes. My biggest issue with the GT350 is the dealer mark-up. Some will likely disagree, but I would never, under any circumstance pay over sticker price. Last time I looked, dealer is making at least $4K profit on a GT350 at MSRP not counting whatever he makes in the F&I office or hold-back (if there is any on the GT350). All that being said, I recently had a supercharger installed on my '15 GT, along with a few other upgrades, that I will never be able to get my money back on........everything is relative.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
If you can afford it, sure, why not? When I was younger, I was that guy that changed cars every 12-18 months. Financially sound? No. Did I enjoy it? Yes. My biggest issue with the GT350 is the dealer mark-up. Some will likely disagree, but I would never, under any circumstance pay over sticker price. Last time I looked, dealer is making at least $4K profit on a GT350 at MSRP not counting whatever he makes in the F&I office or hold-back (if there is any on the GT350). All that being said, I recently had a supercharger installed on my '15 GT, along with a few other upgrades, that I will never be able to get my money back on........everything is relative.
ADM was foreign to me, and something I never personally encountered. I've always paid under invoice on all my previous new cars. But then again, those were average joe cars. MSRP deals can be had, you just had to do some legwork for it. After it was all said and done, I basically paid $2k ADM because I had to ship the car across country.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am a firm believer in the idea of "to each his own". I simply would never pay over MSRP for any car. I would be driving a GT350 right now if local dealers were willing to sell, or order, at MSRP. I have very low tolerance for car dealers, in general so I spent the money I was willing to put down on a GT350 to S/C my '15 GT. Even then, I ended-up shipping the car 500 miles because the local Roush dealer quoted a ridiculously high price to install the blower........as much as I hate to say it, GT350 pricing is simply supply and demand and the dealers are free to ask whatever they wish. ADM only exists because people are willing to pay it.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
ADM was foreign to me, and something I never personally encountered. I've always paid under invoice on all my previous new cars. But then again, those were average joe cars. MSRP deals can be had, you just had to do some legwork for it. After it was all said and done, I basically paid $2k ADM because I had to ship the car across country.
GM calls it "Market Adjustment" I have never heard ADM until I started looking at GT350's.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Security is relative for some people having the ability to cover expenses for a year is security. For some being ready for the Zombie apocalypse is. You need to decide what that is for you a lot of times its really a mental thing.

My first car was 591 a month. I pay 635 a month for the GT350 and I make more then double. I actually feel worse about the GT350 payment then the 591 one.
635 a month? I wish. Mine is almost double that. (Long story I chose not to elaborate on)

I agree. Unless you have a lot of money in reserve, there is really no security in this world. Your company can go under or lay you off today. God forbid you have a bad accident or a family member gets a critical medical condition.

In my life I use the motto "Live everyday like it's your last day and one day you'll be right" :)

Life is too short. While I suggested earlier it may not be a good idea for you, I don't follow my own advice. I buy what I want when I want. I'm in a good bit of debt but if I die today, my insurance will allow my wife to pay off all our debts including the house, cars, credit card debt (not much of this) and she can live comfortably for a LONG time.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I dont buy into the "YOLO" mentality. I now plenty of people making 6 figures who are dirt poor because they live beyond their means. They'd be homeless if they got laid off tomorrow and have a few hundred in savings.

Or you can be smart while still young and invest money early, which keeps making you money compound interest yearly; and maxing out your retirement accounts yearly. THEN if you have left over money monthly get into a $700 car payment.

If you got laid off tomorrow you wouldnt want your car repossessed because you have to choose living expenses or car, but rather have enough to still keep it.

Living over one's means is a huge factor in the 2008-2009 collapse, and I cant tell you how many hundreds of people I met in my line of work who lost everything because they had no savings trying to keep up with the Joneses. On the other hand if I couldn't work or got laid off today I could easily pay all of my expenses for a year or 2 with just what is in savings not touching investments. I value that security as you just never know.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I agree 100%. I look back and think that if I ate rice and beans for 20 years after college and banked every dime spare dime, I could be retired now. However, if everyone did that, our economy would collapse. Like it or not, this country lives and dies off people buying things they don't need and/or can't afford.

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
I dont buy into the "YOLO" mentality. I now plenty of people making 6 figures who are dirt poor because they live beyond their means. They'd be homeless if they got laid off tomorrow and have a few hundred in savings.

Or you can be smart while still young and invest money early, which keeps making you money compound interest yearly; and maxing out your retirement accounts yearly. THEN if you have left over money monthly get into a $700 car payment.

If you got laid off tomorrow you wouldnt want your car repossessed because you have to choose living expenses or car, but rather have enough to still keep it.

Living over one's means is a huge factor in the 2008-2009 collapse, and I cant tell you how many hundreds of people I met in my line of work who lost everything because they had no savings trying to keep up with the Joneses. On the other hand if I couldn't work or got laid off today I could easily pay all of my expenses for a year or 2 with just what is in savings not touching investments. I value that security as you just never know.
Two different camps here.

But I have to say that I agree with you completely.

GT350/BT55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Conv Pack Avalanche White Stripe
Old guys rule (or at least they think so)

Wow.

My first car was a blue Datsun 260 with big miles and a mean shimmey in the front end. But I still loved it.

I am 55 now, own a business, and paid cash for my GT350. To me, it is more an asset transfer. Example: leave the cash in the bank or turn it into something worth getting out of bed for. I don't drive it a lot, it is a 4th vehicle. I just have a feeling I will have this car for years (decades) and it will be worth a good buck to my kids or some other enthusiast

My wife thinks I am insane and should just drive a sedan like everyone else my age. My neighbor has A 911 and I always tease him with the question "are you faster than a redneck?" That show was hilarious. It's one of the good things about being older and more financially stable, you are not paying X percent to a bank on top of shelling out big money to Ford.

Whether or not you can "make the payment" and still eat is a tough one. For me way back when it was not an option. But I had fun with many used cars all the same. Tell you what - if I had access back then to a Mustang GT w Supercharger and 700 HP I don't think I would have made it to 55.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Tell you what - if I had access back then to a Mustang GT w Supercharger and 700 HP I don't think I would have made it to 55.
Even at 46, 700 RWHP was too much for me. I believe I would have died if I kept that car. I absolutely would not be alive today if I had access to a 700 RWHP car when I was under 25. It is a miracle I survived anyway and I only had a 1977 Buick Electra 225 when I was 18. I whopping 150 HP and a 5k lb car :)
Sponsored