Sponsored

GT350 Splitter Installation in the Bay Area

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
Hi,

I recently bought a 2019 GT350 from out of state and the selling dealer didn't install the splitter since the car was gonna get shipped from there to California.

I do not have the necessary hardware/tools to do it myself so I was thinking of taking it in to a dealership to do it. I have read many threads here that have demonstrated that even dealers are not aware of how to install the splitter properly but I am hoping I can inspect their installation job and make sure everything is right.

So, do you have any dealership recommendations in and around the Bay Area? Any idea how much it could cost? Or if you have the tools/lift etc, can you help me install it? Please let me know.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Maybe first call a couple of dealers and ask if they will install no charge since was not done on a new car? If not, i had an 18 and recall looking at how it was installed. Just looked like some simple hardware should have come with the splitter. Perhaps you could do in a driveway?

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
The splitter is not very difficult to install. There is a Ford instructional video of the process.

You’d need some basic hand tools and a rubber mallet. As for the hardware, contact the selling dealer. If the car did not have the hardware with the splitter in the trunk the way it should be when delivered from the factory then they owe it to you. That is all part of the car when purchased. I bought my car in Illinois and the splitter was improperly installed. A phone call to them and a few days later I had all the required hardware in hand. The sales manager even told me to take it to any Ford dealer and they would cover any costs that might be incurred. Hopefully your selling dealer is reputable and makes it right for you. Good luck!
Sponsored