GT350 owners in the Virginia area

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
Good afternoon everyone. I finally got to hear the car in person at a local dealership but have yet to experience the car as a passenger or driver. My car will not arrive until May and I am already second guessing myself. Already been waiting for 5 months. This is my dream car but like many others here, I may have to give it up.

So to make this story short, I would like to possibly ride as a passenger if anybody is willing. I will even pay for gas and a reasonable price for this opportunity. This may seem silly, but I would really like to know what I will be missing out on if I cancel my order.

I look forward to your feedback. Thank you.
Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Good afternoon everyone. I finally got to hear the car in person at a local dealership but have yet to experience the car as a passenger or driver. My car will not arrive until May and I am already second guessing myself. Already been waiting for 5 months. This is my dream car but like many others here, I may have to give it up.

So to make this story short, I would like to possibly ride as a passenger if anybody is willing. I will even pay for gas and a reasonable price for this opportunity. This may seem silly, but I would really like to know what I will be missing out on if I cancel my order.

I look forward to your feedback. Thank you.
I had the same thoughts about 5 month into the wait, and coming from someone whose owned a lot of Mustangs including a couple of GT500's and a Boss 302, you do not want to pass this car up! It is not only the best Mustang Ford has ever made, it is one of the best all-around performance cars that I've driven!

The time passes quickly if you go on about your business and don't try to track you car through every stage of the process of getting it built.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
You're pretty south of me - DC metro area, but if you can't find a more local offer and want to venture up here, I would be happy to give a serviceman a ride free of charge.

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
I had the same thoughts about 5 month into the wait, and coming from someone whose owned a lot of Mustangs including a couple of GT500's and a Boss 302, you do not want to pass this car up! It is not only the best Mustang Ford has ever made, it is one of the best all-around performance cars that I've driven!

The time passes quickly if you go on about your business and don't try to track you car through every stage of the process of getting it built.
I know what you mean. The reviews and Jay Leno's video isn't helping :frusty:

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
You're pretty south of me - DC metro area, but if you can't find a more local offer and want to venture up here, I would be happy to give a serviceman a ride free of charge.
Thank you. I appreciate the offer. It means a lot, it may very well be my deciding factor.

Sponsored

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Don't cancel your order just because you have to wait, I know that the lack of info from MAS is aggravating. I went through the same thing too and to top it off I knew that my GT350 was built on time and could have made the requested delivery date of 28 December to the US port but it sat at the Ford plant for over a month and I couldn't even get an answer from MAS as to why. So I thought about canceling also but I believe that I would be kicking my self later if I would have. So don't cancel if it's just because of the stress of waiting.

Ordered 8 August 2015
Order acceptance 11 August 2015
VIN# issued 7 November 2015
Blend date 5 December 2015
Built 7 December 2015
Cleared to ship 9 December 2015
Shipped via rail 29 January 2016 ETA to US port 3-9 February 2016

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
As others have said if you want it don't cancel just because you need to wait another 3-4 months. I got very antsy myself and at times 2nd guessed myself but now that I have it I have forgotten about all that angst and know I chose the right car for my needs. This car has personality and great capabilities which nowadays is hard to come by at its price point.

mjeagent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pursuing 2016 GT350
I'm in Northern VA. Let me know if you are up this way and I'd be happy to take you for a ride. No need to pay.

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Northern VA. Let me know if you are up this way and I'd be happy to take you for a ride. No need to pay.
Thank you for the offer. I will be going this weekend to Orlando to see family but I can do it any weekend after that. Let me know what works best for you.

Mustang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm in Richmond, let me know when you can make it, I'd be glad to take you for a spin

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08GT, 13GT, 16GT350
I'll be at Virginia Beach Cars and Coffee this Saturday if it's not raining...

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
I'll be at Virginia Beach Cars and Coffee this Saturday if it's not raining...
Were you able to make it out? I ended up meeting with family at the last minute in Orlando so I couldn't go. Thanks for the invite, do you know when the next date is?

Also, can you please tell me if you had your front splitter properly installed by the dealership? I just want went by Beach Ford of VA and they have a black one that doesn't look right in the showroom. This is where I wil take delivery and I'm afraid they will not install it correctly either on mine. Your thoughts and experience?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08GT, 13GT, 16GT350
Were you able to make it out? I ended up meeting with family at the last minute in Orlando so I couldn't go. Thanks for the invite, do you know when the next date is?

Also, can you please tell me if you had your front splitter properly installed by the dealership? I just want went by Beach Ford of VA and they have a black one that doesn't look right in the showroom. This is where I wil take delivery and I'm afraid they will not install it correctly either on mine. Your thoughts and experience?
I was there.. The guy from JLT was also there, he had just picked up his orange one its a tech pack like mine.

Virginia Beach Cars and Coffee is the first Saturday of each month. Newport News has one and Williamsburg does also, I'm just not sure what days.

I saw the one at Beach Ford, I didn't look at the splitter but I did talk to the guy about the $20,000 mark-up. I hope your not paying that. He tried to sell me the car and when I told him I already had one and I only paid 5% over, he gave me this look like I was lying to him.

Good luck with the car dude.. When you pick it up we should take them out for a drive........

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
I was there.. The guy from JLT was also there, he had just picked up his orange one its a tech pack like mine.

Virginia Beach Cars and Coffee is the first Saturday of each month. Newport News has one and Williamsburg does also, I'm just not sure what days.

I saw the one at Beach Ford, I didn't look at the splitter but I did talk to the guy about the $20,000 mark-up. I hope your not paying that. He tried to sell me the car and when I told him I already had one and I only paid 5% over, he gave me this look like I was lying to him.

Good luck with the car dude.. When you pick it up we should take them out for a drive........
I really wanted to be there but I had to take care of family :) we went to Disney.

By the way, that car at Beach Ford is now at $25k ADM. But luckily for me, I'm one of those that got that below MSRP deal from MAS. But I don't like to brag about it, I know others were not so lucky. The downside is that I have to wait quite a lot, and that's why I'm dying to see one and experience it and at least see what it's all about. I feel lucky about this rare chance to own my dream car.

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle built w/ window sticker!!!

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you for supporting my decision to keep the car. I am happy to report that my car has been built finally, and is now waiting to be shipped by Ford to the dealer. I expect a delivery date somewhere between March 21-27.

Thank you member Mustang33 for finally giving me a chance to ride in the GT350. What an amazing ride. I cannot wait to get my own and if any of you will be near the Virginia Beach area, let me know because I'm willing to drive just to see the car and become more familiar with the vehicle before I get my own.

Will keep everyone updated :headbang:
Sponsored