GT350 = Not special anymore?

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
An observation: Before I joined the Mustang community, I thought the GT350 were few and far between. A special breed, as they say. Maybe it's just the algorithm on this site, but it seems every other new thread is about upgrading to a GT350 from a GT. Maybe I'm out of the loop, and 60k is more attainable to the average well-to-do, I don't know. Perhaps the 500 is new 350 in a sea of comparable performance cars...
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Before I decided on the 2020 GT500, I had looked at several used low mileage GT350 in the $45k to $50k range. That's not too far off from a well equipped new Mustang GT.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
lol, you joined one of (if not THE) most highly trafficked boards for GT350 owners and are amazed by all the threads?

...thatā€™s like going to a piano bar and asking them to play quietly so you can enjoy the atmosphere :wink:

they are still very unique...I travel for a living and can count on less than two hands how many 350ā€™s I have seen in person, not including CnC or car shows.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
An observation: Before I joined the Mustang community, I thought the GT350 were few and far between. A special breed, as they say. Maybe it's just the algorithm on this site, but it seems every other new thread is about upgrading to a GT350 from a GT. Maybe I'm out of the loop, and 60k is more attainable to the average well-to-do, I don't know. Perhaps the 500 is new 350 in a sea of comparable performance cars...
If you want to buy a new Mach 1 and you choose lots of options you can exceed what I paid for my 2016 GT350 back in November of 2015. And also now that GT350 is completely out of warranty coverage from Ford. So the price of a used GT350 is becoming pretty comparable or even below a brand new regular GT.

I agree that 60k is a lot of money. It's a lot for me, anyway. That was one of the reasons I sold my GT350. I still really miss that car though.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
They are not special if you buy them because its the latest badest new car to buy.
They are very special for the people who appreciate all the engineering etc.. that the car is.

Every car will be seceded by a better car, so the newest wears off. Thats life. There are always people with disposable income to buy the latest garage queens.
Those People that appreciate the 350, will always find pleasure and pride in them for the next 20 years.

Sponsored

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Heritage Shelby GT350, 2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak(on Res)
Bill Ford owns VIN 1 and the last VIN of the 350. The VooDoo motor is a bespoke piece, and is still the higest HP (naturally aspirated ) V8 ever. I beleive, and so do many auto enthusiasts, the VooDoo engine will go down in history as one of the most significant engines ever produced. I mentioned this in another thread, Jay Leno (in 2015) said he thought the 350 was the greatest mustang ever. He purchased a 350... not sure he bought a 500? Ford did bring him a 500, and he did not seem as thrilled with it. I know Jay is a stick guy, so I believe that had a lot do do with it. The 500 has a lot of HP, but not as much as a Redeye Hellcat. The 500 is a good track car, but the Corvette has that in spades. The 500 has a DCT for the strip, but so many M, AMG, and other non muscle cars are faster(I know AWD). Special can really only be defined by the individual, so I say drive both cars and decide for yourself. To be honest I would not mind having both a 350 and a 500. If you want the latest and greatest you can also purchase a Super Snake from Shelby of America. Some of their HP numbers and aftermarket additions give supercars nightmares. I read all the reviews, watched all the videos and have driven a multitude of performance cars. After the smoked cleared I thought the 350 was the more special car. I also enjoyed Ford VS Ferrari and appreciate the Heritage 350 is a tribute to a very very special Shelby 350. I absolutely had to have Wimbledon White, as it is such a rare and sentimental color for the Mustang. At the end of the day if you really love cars "the special car" itch can only be relieved by owning multiple cars. I will say my 350 does an amazing job of rolling the experience of multiple performance cars into one car at a very affordable price.

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Before I decided on the 2020 GT500, I had looked at several used low mileage GT350 in the $45k to $50k range. That's not too far off from a well equipped new Mustang GT.
That's what I paid for my GT

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
If you wait five years, you will also be able to pick up 500s at reasonable prices. This is the reason I use lease brokers for most of my expensive cars. One of our leased M5s MSRP'ed for 127k, I saw a similar M5 four years later at CarMax for 65k. Cars are a depreciating asset period. That being said, I paid cash for my 350 and it feels special(to me) and I do plan to keep it. There are a lot of threads on the 2020 350 motors failing and the value tanking. I honestly dont loose any sleep over that issue because I plan to keep the car. Forget the price and what everyone else has to say. Drive the 350, if it feels like a overpriced GT or EcoBoost leave it where it sits. There are not many individuals that have felt that way, but it come down to YOU.

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Clarifying that special isn't meant as a personal feeling, perhaps exclusive (or elusive...) would be a better term. The pricing structure of both the GT and 350 can easily overlap, so maybe there's just more on the road? I saw three the other day alone.

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Clarifying that special isn't meant as a personal feeling, perhaps exclusive (or elusive...) would be a better term. The pricing structure of both the GT and 350 can easily overlap, so maybe there's just more on the road? I saw three the other day alone.
The R 350 also overlaps with the 500. Many dealers have R 350s priced above 500s. As for seeing more 350s, they have been out for 5 years. There are a ton of used 500s for sale right now and they have barely been out a year. I know plenty of dealers who move their 350s and are sitting on 500s.