Sponsored

GT350 into GT350R

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The R front and rear springs are cheap. And yes the R rear springs are different part numbers.

The rear sway bar links are 8mm shorter and they too are cheap.

The sway bars are the same front and rear.

Yep the Wing and splitter are different and way to much money. At one time the rear oem wing was over $12000.00 but the prices are dropping.

The oem R rear seat delete is pricy. But it's the best one you'll find and it fits like oem of course. But I'm sure ford performance will eventually sell it at a lesser cost.

It depends how far you want to go but like others said it won't be cheap.

Also the R grille restrictor is different and last I checked was about $500.00 :crazy:

I'm not making a R clone, but I do have the FORGELINE GA1R open lug wheels.

305/30ZR19 pilot sport cup 2 Michelin tires

R rear seat delete

R front and rear springs

R red front and rear calipers because it was cheaper and easier for me and also gives me a spare set. Plus with the black wheels I like the touch of color.

The rest is in my signature.

Post up some pics of the wheels installed when you have a chance..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
Those are NOT R wheels or even close to the R sizes. And $2000.00 for a carbon fiber wheel? I don't believe it. My FORGELINE ga1R open lugs list for $1620 each.

Who the fuk cares if they are R wheels. I don't even like the R wheels (I don't like these either). I don't know chit about the company or their quality nor do I care. Just provided a link showing you can get CF wheels for under $16,000. And you can choose any Size, offset, etc in case you didn't bother to look.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Who the fuk cares if they are R wheels. I don't even like the R wheels (I don't like these either). I don't know chit about the company or their quality nor do I care. Just provided a link showing you can get CF wheels for under $16,000. And you can choose any Size, offset, etc in case you didn't bother to look.
Wow testy lol. Who pissed in your corn flakes

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Post up some pics of the wheels installed when you have a chance..

Will do. Just waiting for vorshlag to release their camber plates

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You challenged me without even looking at the shit.
Challenged you? How did I challenge you? And yes I did look at the website once you posted it. No need to get your panties in a wad.

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
Challenged you? How did I challenge you? And yes I did look at the website once you posted it. No need to get your panties in a wad.
All good man, they appear to be reputable, and a solid alternative to anyone in the market for CF wheels. If they offered other designs I'd definitely consider it. Those spokes are just a bit too big for me.

Technology has come a long way and a lot of these forged wheel companies are charging you for a name, not a superior product. So yeah, no reason a quality CF wheel can't be had for slightly more than a good forged wheel.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Well the topic is turning a GT350 into an R, so....

But, if different wheels from the R wheels are used; ok. Since the main advantage of the R wheels are weight not that they are CF, then we need to know what the weight of the wheels you linked to to see if they how they compare if used.

-------------------------------------------------
2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package, ETA 10 March (Bremerhaven, Germany), under MSRP

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
Well the topic is turning a GT350 into an R, so....

But, if different wheels from the R wheels are used; ok. Since the main advantage of the R wheels are weight not that they are CF, then we need to know what the weight of the wheels you linked to to see if they how they compare if used.
Around 14lbs for R specs.

RaceTech also makes a forged monoblock that comes out to 22lbs for a 19x12 and under $3k for a set.

A lot of good options out there for people who are just trying to match/beat the R performance.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It would be WAY, WAY more than just having bought an R from the beginning...

Sponsored

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well only if you can get it at msrp. Because some have paid upwards of 80-100k for them.

I bet it'd still be close from looking at what Ford is charging for things like the wheels and rear wing.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
FYI you can get the R wheels for "only" 10k now with the discounts the big online parts retailers give you.

OP
OP
Westfalia

Westfalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Westfalia Camper
So what you mentioned OP was not making a 350 into a R, but using aftermarker items to make it similar to a R. If you wanted a actual R you'll need OEM Wheels (around $9,000 just for wheels) the front splitter, rear wing, mag suspension if you have tech, Recaros, rear seat delete, springs, a couple cosmetic bits (Red Front Badge), etc. By the time you do all this, you'll be over a R price with whatever you paid for the 350. Don't be "that guy" who tries to clone. Just embrace what you have.

Yes, making a clone. A performance equal not an exact duplicate.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Around 14lbs for R specs.

RaceTech also makes a forged monoblock that comes out to 22lbs for a 19x12 and under $3k for a set.

A lot of good options out there for people who are just trying to match/beat the R performance.
I got a quote from them, they are a bit more than 3k a set, I believe that was just intro pricing to get into the market.
Sponsored