Sponsored

GT350 intake manifold DRAG strip results.

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
I have all the bolt ons and run the gt350 intake and tb with the stock intectors on e85. I've been running it that way since the gt350 intake came out and Lund says everything looks ok. My rev limiter is set to 8100.
You definitely have more than enough fuel
Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
no headers dont offer the same hp as the intake mani does. so if youre running more hp and higher RPM's it only makes sense you need more fuel.. so that means you would have to have bigger injectors. but yes you do need injectors.
I meant only if you have headers paired with the manifold! Just because you didn't understand what I meant doesn't mean I'm stupid. This is a GT350 thread so obviously I meant if they had both.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I have headers, no cats, frpp sport cat back, jlt, gt350 intake and tb, e85 with the ngauge tuned by Lund and I am being told my stock injectors are fine. It's been that way for a few months now.

Maybe my tune is conservative?

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
I have headers, no cats, frpp sport cat back, jlt, gt350 intake and tb, e85 with the ngauge tuned by Lund and I am being told my stock injectors are fine. It's been that way for a few months now.

Maybe my tune is conservative?
I think Lund just prefers to throw 47s at this combination. I was told they would not unlock the FlexFuel until the injectors were in. After I went FlexFuel the car felt slower so they sent a more aggressive tune. Now we got flood conditions here in Tx so I haven't had a chance to log it or even give it any power. So perhaps there is power left in your tune. Or maybe our stock set up is more robust then Lund originally thought.

Rob_Stylez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW 5.0
So whats the reason you'd want to add the 47's? Assuming full boltons (LT,Catback, JLT, FlexFuel) are you maxing out the stock injectors with the addition of the 350IM?

Sponsored

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
You can do intake, headers, exhaust, and either the GT350 manifold or Boss manifold with stock VCT to run E85 on stock injectors. If you tune the VCT with either manifold, you run out of injector, I know because it happened to me when I tuned the VCT with my Boss manifold. The Cobra Jet manifold will need injector swap with E85. I have not 100% confirmed that on the CJ because I have no tested it yet. From what I have seen, most tuners DO NOT tune VCT so, there is most definitely hidden power there. I found more RPM, peak power, and midrange torque from VCT tuning when I installed my boss manifold.

Kris

OP
OP

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You can do intake, headers, exhaust, and either the GT350 manifold or Boss manifold with stock VCT to run E85 on stock injectors. If you tune the VCT with either manifold, you run out of injector, I know because it happened to me when I tuned the VCT with my Boss manifold. The Cobra Jet manifold will need injector swap with E85. I have not 100% confirmed that on the CJ because I have no tested it yet. From what I have seen, most tuners DO NOT tune VCT so, there is most definitely hidden power there. I found more RPM, peak power, and midrange torque from VCT tuning when I installed my boss manifold.

Kris
There is no real way of knowing how much your actually gaining unless you're tuning it on the Dyno though right? I mean unless you're doing back to back pulls and seeing the numbers aren't you just shooting blindly into the dark??

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
There is no real way of knowing how much your actually gaining unless you're tuning it on the Dyno though right? I mean unless you're doing back to back pulls and seeing the numbers aren't you just shooting blindly into the dark??
Not necessarily. If the MAF calibration is tuned correctly, then an increase in airflow will be noticeable with the MAF lb/min readings in a datalog. I use that as well as dyno numbers for comparison when tuning. All tuning I do that is vct related is done back to back, that's the ONLY way to do it to get consistent and accurate results. Also, noting that I ran out of fuel is a clear sign of an increase in airflow and power.
I already started a thread on this topic if you would like to keep this thread on topic and continue the discussion there?
Kris

OP
OP

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Not necessarily. If the MAF calibration is tuned correctly, then an increase in airflow will be noticeable with the MAF lb/min readings in a datalog. I use that as well as dyno numbers for comparison when tuning. All tuning I do that is vct related is done back to back, that's the ONLY way to do it to get consistent and accurate results. Also, noting that I ran out of fuel is a clear sign of an increase in airflow and power.
I already started a thread on this topic if you would like to keep this thread on topic and continue the discussion there?
Kris
I'll pm you

Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Kris
Link to thread? My tuner and I spent a whole day on the dyno playing with all sorts of things. Huge gains in torque down low with VCT. I feel bad for the people who have stock VCT settings with their "tune".

OP
OP

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Link to thread? My tuner and I spent a whole day on the dyno playing with all sorts of things. Huge gains in torque down low with VCT. I feel bad for the people who have stock VCT settings with their "tune".
What kind of gains lol

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
It depends on your intake manifold. I gained low end torque from vct tuning on my stock manifold and a tad up top. It mattered most with an intake manifold swap.

Kris

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Foam strip for Air Cleaner

For Nick at JDM
image.jpeg
Sponsored