Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hi folks
If anyone is installing or has installed a gt350im on a RHD car please can you post here. I have installed a used one I bought off Gibbo on my 2017 car and have had some very odd issues when using the vacuum routing that Gibbo used and that ford details in the instructions.
1. The car runs lean at warm idle so needed to run an artificially rich map.
2. The brakes became massively over sensitive. Either off or emergency stop strong.
3. Because of point 1 my tuner was convinced there was a vacuum leak. There wasn’t.

However I think I’ve worked it out. I believe 2017 rhd cars run a different brake servo. By using a different vacuum line routing I have fixed the above issues.
I would love to speak to others running this manifold on rhd to see if there is a pattern or to figure out if my car is just weird.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
did gibbo have these problems? if he didn't then does that mean it's been installed wrong??

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Vacuum lines changed from 16 to 17. I know that much.

OP
OP
v8hgt

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
did gibbo have these problems? if he didn't then does that mean it's been installed wrong??
Gibbo didn’t have this issue and he used the same tuner. The only difference is the model year of our two cars. The manifold is installed fine.
I know they changed vac line routing to the air intake in my17 and I presumed this was for lhd as well and probably an emissions related thing. I guess I need to check brake master cylinder part numbers between years to be sure.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2016 GT with the GT350 IM, TB and AI and I didn't have any problems, although I did notice the brakes were stiffer and more responsive.

OP
OP
v8hgt

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2016 GT with the GT350 IM, TB and AI and I didn't have any problems, although I did notice the brakes were stiffer and more responsive.
Based on my experiments in vacuum line routing, if you cap off the 1/2” port on the manifold just behind the TB and run a line from the brake booster hose to the capped off 5/8” port on the front of the manifold pipes above the TB you get the stock brake feel back. Who did your tune?
Sponsored