Sponsored

GT350 CPO Questions

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Hi Everyone,

1st time poster long time lurker. I’m considering a CPO 2019 GT350 near me. It’s a 2019 car with a little over 8000 miles. A couple questions:

What should I look for? In this car or other used GT350’s. 8000 miles on a 2019 kind of seems like a lot, especially a Shelby, must have been a DD.

Also this cars window sticker said it was performance blue with black stripes. Currently the car has no stripes on it. Being a CPO shouldn't it have the stripes put back on it? I’d prefer white stripes (maybe I can work something out with the dealer if the stripes should be on there to be a CPO).

I was considering waiting for a Mach 1 HP but the Shelby is really tempting.

thanks for the help!
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
First off, welcome.
Most here do not drive that kind of mileage. That said, I’ve got 2000 miles in less than two months.
CPO can mean different things to different dealership franchises. If it’s a Ford Dealership CPO probably means the same at all Ford Dealerships. Look at their checklist for CPO to give you a better idea as to what it means.
As far as the stripes...some delete them when they buy, some damage them then remove. Who knows why they were removed. If you can talk the dealership into applying the stripes you want, good on you.
Don’t stress over the possible problems, you’ve got a good warranty from Ford and can add and extended if you like.
What’s the asking price? Some, me included have picked up new holdover ‘19’s for darn near what used are going for.

OP
OP
MountainStang

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
First off, welcome.
Most here do not drive that kind of mileage. That said, I’ve got 2000 miles in less than two months.
CPO can mean different things to different dealership franchises. If it’s a Ford Dealership CPO probably means the same at all Ford Dealerships. Look at their checklist for CPO to give you a better idea as to what it means.
As far as the stripes...some delete them when they buy, some damage them then remove. Who knows why they were removed. If you can talk the dealership into applying the stripes you want, good on you.
Don’t stress over the possible problems, you’ve got a good warranty from Ford and can add and extended if you like.
What’s the asking price? Some, me included have picked up new holdover ‘19’s for darn near what used are going for.
Thanks for the welcome! So it is a Ford certified pre owned 7 years/100000. They are asking 57,900 and it has new tires. Otherwise it looks pretty clean, some very tiny rock chips on the rockers(really really tiny). I have been interested in looking for a left over, there are some around me with a sticker of 65, but I’m unsure how much I could get them down. I would also love to go to the track attack experience.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Only you can decide if it’s a good deal. It really depends on your area and timing.
65K for a holdover is not a “deal” in my eyes.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Forgot to mention....
The track experience isn’t what it used to be due to Covid. Some, me included think getting private instruction locally may be a better deal unless you live near Charlotte. That said, we’d like to go next spring if the experience goes back to normal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MountainStang

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Only you can decide if it’s a good deal. It really depends on your area and timing.
65K for a holdover is not a “deal” in my eyes.
I agree, I think I’ve seen other 2019’s sell for 59. And I believe the 57,9 CPO might be too high as well. Yeah I’ll have to give it all some thought.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Agree with @460Fred... look around, as $57.9k for all that going on is steep.

I placed an order on an allocation in SC for TO with black roof/OTS and it is the base package with recaros. It’s at $64k/MSRP... this order is still available as I found a HEP R to go with.

That’s a brand new, no miles car for $64k, so there’s no way I’d go CPO 2019 for $57.9k.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
a used 2019 should be no more expensive than 15% off MSRP and frankly 20% is more like it. Shelbys depreciate just like every other car.

OP
OP
MountainStang

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Agree with @460Fred... look around, as $57.9k for all that going on is steep.

I placed an order on an allocation in SC for TO with black roof/OTS and it is the base package with recaros. It’s at $64k/MSRP... this order is still available as I found a HEP R to go with.

That’s a brand new, no miles car for $64k, so there’s no way I’d go CPO 2019 for $57.9k.

Thanks for the heads up, I would love to get a base 350 with just the handling package and heritage package. But I feel I wouldn’t be able to deal to get a car like that with a number that starts with a 5 lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
A lot of us got our cars from out of state. I had to buy my car on the other side of the country. There's absolutely zero chance you're getting OEM stripes put back on, as the MSRP for the entire kit is over $4000. You could always go aftermarket stripes. There's a website called bigwormgraphix that sells kits made for the car. I can't speak to how the fit will be compared to OEM though.

In regards to your track attack, it's only for the first owner who bought it new. Unless: You somehow find the original owner who hasn't used it, and will call in to schedule the track attack(if there are even any availability left) and tell them that you are a close relative who will be taking your place. Chances of that happening are also near zero.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
this one I take it?
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=552097728
https://www.fordnorthampton.net/cer...by+GT350-cc7873540a0e0a171b3402a3d27acdf4.htm
Those front rotors look rather worn to me. I'm guessing someone tracked the car a fair bit. If the G-meter is to be believed. The amount of wheel weights also seems a bit much.
Wow... I’ve never seen a more beat-up fuel filler. Sheesh.

Left side bolster on driver’s seat looks worn too.

OP
OP
MountainStang

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
this one I take it?
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=552097728
https://www.fordnorthampton.net/cer...by+GT350-cc7873540a0e0a171b3402a3d27acdf4.htm
Those front rotors look rather worn to me. I'm guessing someone tracked the car a fair bit. If the G-meter is to be believed. The amount of wheel weights also seems a bit much.

Yeah that’s the one, didn’t even notice the G meter, good catch. Also agree that the rotors were def a bit worn in person too, I saw the car when I was picking up some parts the other week.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
If you buy another car and add an extended Ford warranty it will cost you a couple grand. So you could probably argue this car is closer to $55Kish unless you don't care about the extended Ford Warranty when buying used.

For the rest of the car it seems like you should be able to negotiate wear items like rotors, cosmetic issues, etc. If you like the color and the car and the dealer is close to you it's one less headache. I bought mine out of state but there are challenges with that too. Especially if your buying used and have an issue. Just my counter argument. Also used prices continue to increase on GT350's pretty much weekly and it's also why dealers are not offering big discounts on brand new 19-20's. There is no GT350 after the 20 model year for this generation and dealers and buyers know that.
Sponsored