GT350 center gauges in GT PP

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years LE #1523
I know it's possible to swap the GT350 center gauges (oil temperature and pressure) into the same place in a GT PP. It's a plug and play swap. Many people here have done it. But these gauges don't work with MyColor.

I wonder if it might be possible to disassemble both gauge clusters, and remove the illumination systems and swap them. And if it is, would the GT350 cluster then work with MyColor.
Sponsored

zoinks5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So I was curious about this as well so I took my GT350 gauges apart this morning to get a good look.
DEDFF4DC-5E9B-4386-84AF-BD4232823F4A.jpeg

The light source are those LEDs I circled in red. So it looks like it would take a fair amount of soldering to modify. But since the GT500 has the same gauge pod but digital dash standard maybe it’s a different part number to use MyColor?

Maybe @fordsvtparts could see if the two are different part numbers?

OP
OP

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
So I was curious about this as well so I took my GT350 gauges apart this morning to get a good look.

The light source are those LEDs I circled in red. So it looks like it would take a fair amount of soldering to modify. But since the GT500 has the same gauge pod but digital dash standard maybe it’s a different part number to use MyColor?

I don’t think it’s the LEDs that are the problem. From what others have said, the LEDs on this are the same multi-color ones on the regular PP cluster. So they don’t need to be replaced. The problem is either other hardware, or software. Either there’s a different LED driver that’s just not capable of making them display different colors, or the software either doesn’t have the programming to display different colors, or it does but it’s been turned off.

Ford does have a history of having both the hardware and software for a feature, but that feature being turned off by software settings. For example, the the 50 Years LE doesn’t have illuminated door dolls, but all the necessary wiring is there, and the feature is in the software. You can swap door sills with one that has lights, and it’ll light up white. But MyColor doesn’t work with them until you use ForScan to turn that feature on.

So maybe ForScan is the solution. Maybe MyColor for an entire GT350 can be turned on, I don’t know. Anyway my point is that the multi-color LEDs are there, now the problem is figuring out why they only light up white.

zoinks5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I don’t think it’s the LEDs that are the problem. From what others have said, the LEDs on this are the same multi-color ones on the regular PP cluster. So they don’t need to be replaced. The problem is either other hardware, or software. Either there’s a different LED driver that’s just not capable of making them display different colors, or the software either doesn’t have the programming to display different colors, or it does but it’s been turned off.

Ford does have a history of having both the hardware and software for a feature, but that feature being turned off by software settings. For example, the the 50 Years LE doesn’t have illuminated door dolls, but all the necessary wiring is there, and the feature is in the software. You can swap door sills with one that has lights, and it’ll light up white. But MyColor doesn’t work with them until you use ForScan to turn that feature on.

So maybe ForScan is the solution. Maybe MyColor for an entire GT350 can be turned on, I don’t know. Anyway my point is that the multi-color LEDs are there, now the problem is figuring out why they only light up white.
I’ve read that too but I have ZERO experience with ForScan. I know @breeves002 has pretty extensive experience but I think even his GT350 gauges still don’t work with MyColor, although he’s a pretty busy guy.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm pretty sure its an issue with how they built the gauges themselves. Probably software that can't be modified with forscan since it isn't a networked module. I personally like them white so I've never cared to look into it.

Sponsored

fordsvtparts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang parts!

I did not see different part numbers between the models. One with a boost gauge, one with vacuum for 2019-20

OP
OP

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty sure its an issue with how they built the gauges themselves. Probably software that can't be modified with forscan since it isn't a networked module. I personally like them white so I've never cared to look into it.
How is it not a networked module if it can pull two different sets of data without any rewiring?

Txclyde1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350#43
Ok ,first ,I’m obviously not as knowledgeable as most.I don’t understand.It was noted that replacing the standard oil pressure-vacuum gauge is “plug and play “....then later someone said his change didn’t work without a tune.How is this done?Dont hammer me ,I just don’t understand.One more thing,I noticed how easy the dash was removed.I wonder if the GT350 CF dash could also easily be installed.Thanks for your help.
Sponsored