• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT vs Dark Horse

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Would’ve loved to beable to get a darkhorse, but as a 21 year old and my first born just arriving i optioned for a GT premium. I’ve loved every second of driving my first mustang and can absolutely vouch for the GT
First of all congrats … and when I was in your situation years ago I also opted for the GT. With the cost of buying our first home in California… new baby… it was all I could comfortably swing.

Hats off to you for being financially responsible but still having fun..
Sponsored

24grabbergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt premium
First of all congrats … and when I was in your situation years ago I also opted for the GT. With the cost of buying our first home in California… new baby… it was all I could comfortably swing.

Hats off to you for being financially responsible but still having fun..
Thank you, i dreamed of owning my first mustang gt back in 2015… now thats checked off the list. One day ill have my c7 Z06 but until then…

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
Sounds like might be better suited for a Prius.

Seriously, if you're just looking for a daily driver to get you from point A to BE with no plans to modify, perhaps neither a GT nor a DH are well suited for you.
The Ecoboost has great MPG, gaps a Prius, and looks good. If you're after a competent daily that can hang on a weekend joyride, option it with MagneRide (requires 200A / 201A trim and 2.3L Performance Package). Get a convertible if you live in Florida, and you've got a fun car.

S650 Mustang GT vs Dark Horse meh

Last edited:

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Op… I put lowering springs and spacers on my GT…

and have had people call it a dark horse numerous times… the general public is unaware of trim levels
IMG_1230.jpeg
It’s amazing what springs and spacers do for a car… such a huge improvement … might package just looks right with vapor blue …

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Ecoboost has great MPG, gaps a Prius, and looks good. If you're after a competent daily that can hang on a weekend joyride, option it with MagneRide (requires 200A / 201A trim and 2.3L Performance Package). Get a convertible if you live in Florida, and you've got a fun car.

meh.jpg

Yes… I would do this all day everyday and twice on Sunday over a Prius ..

@BoostRabbitGT if you buy a Prius over an Ecoboost I’m going to request moderator changes your name to SlowRabbitEV

OP
OP

faser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac
Here we go again! 😆

A GT with Performance Pack drives and handles very similarly to a Dark Horse with non-handling pack. (I've driven both.) If money is not an issue, honestly, just pay a few thousand dollars more and get a Dark Horse. Especially if you're already planning to add every last option to a GT, which makes the difference in cost fairly negligible if you can get a DH at sticker price. It would be worth it for the Tremec alone if you're going manual.
I forgot about the Tremec in the DH vs the GT, that is a worthwile upgrade in my mind.
Thanks to all have taken the time to share their advice and perspectives. :thumbsup:

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
Yes… I would do this all day everyday and twice on Sunday over a Prius ..

@BoostRabbitGT if you buy a Prius over an Ecoboost I’m going to request moderator changes your name to SlowRabbitEV
Heh, how about if I buy a Prius over a GT (already have an EcoBoost), I'll request the mods change my name to PriusLeavePLZ? 😝

OP
OP

faser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac
This is really a great video for anyone looking for specifics, features, and some editorial.
Many things pointed out in this vid that I was unaware of.
I am coming back to the Mustang world after about a 10 year break for divorce and Florida relocation, looks as if it will have been worth the wait.
Really thinking I may go with the Dark Horse non handling pkg and without Recaros. This is dependent on whether I can find one spec'd that way in white or one of the blues.
Very much appreciate the help and sincerity here. Looking forward to being a regular poster and member of this fine community and forum.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
This is really a great video for anyone looking for specifics, features, and some editorial.
Many things pointed out in this vid that I was unaware of.
I am coming back to the Mustang world after about a 10 year break for divorce and Florida relocation, looks as if it will have been worth the wait.
Really thinking I may go with the Dark Horse non handling pkg and without Recaros. This is dependent on whether I can find one spec'd that way in white or one of the blues.
Very much appreciate the help and sincerity here. Looking forward to being a regular poster and member of this fine community and forum.
Welcome back ... in more ways than one!

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Op… I put lowering springs and spacers on my GT…

and have had people call it a dark horse numerous times… the general public is unaware of trim levels
IMG_1230.jpeg
Damn that looks good! What spring/spacer did you go with?

flattrkr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The OP began by sayino “I was ser on a DH….” So I would say GO FOT IT.
Once you start second guessing your first choice………I’ve done that often, and I must say it’s never helpful.
I bought a base GT and couldn’t be happier, but I had no interest whatsoever in a DH.
As far as SW Florida is concerned I’ve spent the last 15 winters in Naples, and while I didn’t own a Mustang, even bringing a motorcycle down made no sense. No twisties, no elevation changes, inattentive drivers….. for sporty drivers or riders, it’s hopeless.

OP
OP

faser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac
The OP began by sayino “I was ser on a DH….” So I would say GO FOT IT.
Once you start second guessing your first choice………I’ve done that often, and I must say it’s never helpful.
I bought a base GT and couldn’t be happier, but I had no interest whatsoever in a DH.
As far as SW Florida is concerned I’ve spent the last 15 winters in Naples, and while I didn’t own a Mustang, even bringing a motorcycle down made no sense. No twisties, no elevation changes, inattentive drivers….. for sporty drivers or riders, it’s hopeless.
I get that. We are in Bonita Springs(North Naples) area. Drivers here are the absolute worst I have ever seen. So many from NY and NJ during the season that don't have a clue but are ridiculously aggressive on the road having no regard for anyone but themselves.
Rode motorcycles for over 30 years in SW PA but would not do so here. Horrible drivers, horrendous accidents every day.
Tough choice for this area.
My spec on a GT comes very close to low level Dark Horse territory so I will likely go that route but there are very few available here, probably need to shop a 500 mile radius.
Sponsored