six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
Hi all,

I just picked up my Deep Impact Blue V6 on Saturday, build date 2-12. I actually didn't order it, just showed up on the lot and got it. It had only been there a week :) So far I am loving it, it is taking gargantuan self control to go easy on it during the break in period :). Anyway as this is the wheel section, I'll cut to the chase. I have the base wheels, and was looking around for a new set for when the summer gets here. I really like the mesh design of the PP wheels on the GT, but black wheels aren't really my thing, I'd really prefer charcoal or silver. I stumbled across one site advertising these wheels in silver, Ford Racing Branded.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...ord-Performance-Pack-Wheel-19x9-Luster-Nickel

I didn't see these on the Ford site. I'd rather buy official ones in the finish I like then buying a black set and repainting. Anyone know anything about these nickel silver ones?

Would be interested to know if these will be coming out soon, or if someone has repainted their wheels silver.

Let me know your thoughts,
:cheers:

-Joe
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Joe,

Welcome to the forum first and foremost sir and congrats on the new ride !

I have yet to hear of the factory GT PP wheels in Silver these seem to be created to be direct in style and fitment as a aftermarket option, not sure if they are OEM though and they dont seem to be in stock, but the finish looks cool.

Chris6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT w/PP
Just get them stripped, and powdercoated in sparkle silver or have them brushed w/clear

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Don't even think about buying any version of those wheels, they are extremely heavy!!! Go to tire rack or any other website and get a cheap, better looking, and light weight wheels. You can shed 40 lbs from your rotational weight which will increase your mpg and performance! Just my two cents!

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Welcome!

Look around on here or PM husker. He bought a set and had them powder coated silver for his winter tires on his LE. It actually doesn't look bad (I'm not a fan of mesh wheels but that's just my opinion). As the ones you linked are out of stock, and no eta, buying a used set and powder coating may end up being the cheaper and faster route. Especially considering you maybe can find tires included.
Sponsored