DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
In my garage on jack stands

I replaced the Ford OEM DMF (32.6lbs) with the Ford BR3Z-6375-D 5.0 flywheel 21.2lbs.

FMK1026 EXEDY OEM Clutch Kit for the 5.0 . The .750 Slave Cylinder Spacer from Calimer's Transmissions marketed for this conversion.
Ford Performance 5.0L Coyote Flywheel Bolt Kit
M-6379-C
Ford Racing Pressure Plate Bolt and Dowel Kit
M-6397-B46

Both flywheels share the same dimension and location from the crank mounting with the flywheel ring gear. Establishing starter compatibility and a similar distance from engine block mounting surface to the pressure plate fingers with both engines.

While I do not have the dimension from the 5.0 mt82 trans mounting surface to the face of the concentric salve cylinder bearing face fully extended by the boot spring I took a leap of faith based on Calimer selling .750 the spacer.

With engine and trans mounted I have 25.4 mm of compression on the concentric salve cylinder boot spring from the fully extended position. Based on pictures my 3.7 mt82 with the spacer set up the concentric salve cylinder bearing face lands on the same spindle location as the 5.0 mt82.

With the drive shaft still off and spinning the trans output I got rudimentary sense of peddle travel that seemed normal.

Performed a crank relearn

First drive all normal better shifting smoother at 80+mph. Seat in the same position centered around clutch peddle
Still under 500 mile break in
Sponsored

OP
OP
DANA44

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
500+ mile update

Seamless transition with factory 5.0 flywheel on the 3.7 platform.

The engine wobble from the DMF is gone along with better defined shifting.

The 1-2,2-3 shifts at 6k no problem.

Pulls from 60 -100 in 5th are also an improvement

While there are a few reason to use a DMF I give weight to the diminishing returns meeting emissions in the 3.7 platform that Ford chose.
Sponsored