Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT, 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, 2009 Mazda 6
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats, that's a beauty!

Did you get a chance to photograph the two together? GHIG is a favourite of mine......a friend has a '13 Boss 302 in that colour and its gorgeous :)
Unfortunatley no, I do have photos of the 14, maybe i will have to photoshop them together, not sure if posting the picture of the old car would be ok in this thread?
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Shelby American currently has a Grabber Lime car under construction.
20191019_114029.jpg
20191019_114058.jpg

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Unfortunatley no, I do have photos of the 14, maybe i will have to photoshop them together, not sure if posting the picture of the old car would be ok in this thread?
Go for it.....a little comparison will be fine :)

Sponsored

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
Traded my 14 GHIG GT for this.
carweb.jpg
frontweb.jpg
Finally some more good photos of this beautiful color! I feel like this car is really hard to accurately photograph. It looks so washed in a lot of low-quality photos but with a decent camera and lighting it looks sooo good and really pops. I can't wait to own a mustang in this color.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)

Speed Phenom video for those who aren't a fan, but a decent look at that Grabber Lime at Shelby America in the background. Looks really good in this lighting.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)

Cool Grabber Lime RTR in the background. Not great all around looks, but another decent view and lighting.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Question for those of you that have seen GL with their own eyes - how bright is it in real life ?

I’ve seen photos with it ranging from a washed out almost pastel yellow look to a full on eye burning almost neon green look, where on that scale does it appear to the naked eye in normal / bright daylight ?

Reason for asking - I’m looking at ordering soon and sat in the UK, the chance of me seeing one of these before next summer is virtually zero. Dealer told me if I ordered now I would be looking around June for delivery ...

There’s a slim chance I might be able to see one in the states at the end of the year but I’m not holding my breath :frown:

Thanks in advance for any replies :like:

WD.

Sponsored

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Question for those of you that have seen GL with their own eyes - how bright is it in real life ?

I’ve seen photos with it ranging from a washed out almost pastel yellow look to a full on eye burning almost neon green look, where on that scale does it appear to the naked eye in normal / bright daylight ?

Reason for asking - I’m looking at ordering soon and sat in the UK, the chance of me seeing one of these before next summer is virtually zero. Dealer told me if I ordered now I would be looking around June for delivery ...

There’s a slim chance I might be able to see one in the states at the end of the year but I’m not holding my breath :frown:

Thanks in advance for any replies :like:

WD.
Hey WD! I too was on the fence having seen so much variation in the hue online. Luckily for me, my dealers just got this color in and I had to see it in person for myself. I was scared of the washed out, pastel look being a reality but safe to say that is not the case in most lightings. Sure, the color will probably be less stunning in a cloudy rainy day but that is true for most bright colors.

It is bright, but not neon or highlighter bright. I believe photos like Twin Turbos in post 38 have been modified significantly and aren't an accurate representation, although very cool.

I think my photos(with no filtering) on the first page which i'll link below, as well as posts #27 and #28 are the best and clearest representations of the color on a moderately sunny day. My photos here showcase a good difference between the color in shade, as well as yellow sunlight. I personally love the color, but know its not for everyone.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/grabber-lime-s550-mustang-thread.123236/#post-2670635

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Great info, thank you very much :like:

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It is bright, but not neon or highlighter bright. I believe photos like Twin Turbos in post 38 have been modified significantly and aren't an accurate representation, although very cool.
I did wonder how Ford Australia/Herrod Performance managed to get a '20MY in Grabber Lime all the way to Australia AND get it modified so quickly. It usually takes 4-6 months before the latest model year cars hit our dealers (well, that's certainly the case here in the UK and I know its similar for Oz).

Anyway, this video gives the game away.......the R-Spec is an Orange Fury car with a Grabber Lime wrap (check the door jams and under the hood!) So, there's a good chance it's not 100% representative of the real colour......and many of the official photos of that car do appear to have had a bit of colour manipulation.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I did wonder how Ford Australia/Herrod Performance managed to get a '20MY in Grabber Lime all the way to Australia AND get it modified so quickly. It usually takes 4-6 months before the latest model year cars hit our dealers (well, that's certainly the case here in the UK and I know its similar for Oz).

Anyway, this video gives the game away.......the R-Spec is an Orange Fury car with a Grabber Lime wrap (check the door jams and under the hood!) So, there's a good chance it's not 100% representative of the real colour......and many of the official photos of that car do appear to have had a bit of colour manipulation.

I think the color in this video is pretty accurate, but it is funny seeing how they modified an existing car over there so they could advertise the R-spec. The R-spec photos on page 2 aren't so bad and a decent representation but yeah have obviously been touched up for media purposes, it was mainly the photo from post #38 I felt had a filter or was modified the most so I wanted to note it for WDs question.

Seems like this will be a rarer color, hoping its not a 1 model year choice. My "plan" is to hopefully find a 401a GT next year in Grabber Lime with low mileage.