OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
it would have been $400 for the options i had done. but he did the demon eye paint for free, and hooked me up overall since this was his first mustang set and he needed to learn
Sponsored

Badasi12b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord Coupe V6
it is illegal(the red anyways) but thats why it comes with a remote to change colors.

also the INSIDE of the headlight is blacked out, it is not tinted so I get full light output. no possible way painting the inside black could be illegal even in virginia :)

You have me wanting to do a test in the future... lol

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
how much would it cost to just make the white, whiter and brighter? Just like the challenger

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
how much would it cost to just make the white, whiter and brighter? Just like the challenger
We will be releasing more board options in the future, but I don't foresee a single-color white option being released.

You'll get a brighter white with the RGBW boards installed

Nick C.

OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cutting open the lights JUST to make a white light wouldnt be the best option. they can add the color for free and take up the same space.

now if there was a blindingly bright white like the new BMWs/that challenger above that could be put into our gills, i would probably be willing to just get that. I'm pretty sure the led's would have to be inside of some kind of tube to get that though, a few LED's on a board don't quite produce the same effect and unfortunately they show hot spots unlike the rings

Sponsored

Kburr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prospect
Clean look! I definitely want to check this out when I stop by for some coding

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
cutting open the lights JUST to make a white light wouldnt be the best option. they can add the color for free and take up the same space.

now if there was a blindingly bright white like the new BMWs/that challenger above that could be put into our gills, i would probably be willing to just get that. I'm pretty sure the led's would have to be inside of some kind of tube to get that though, a few LED's on a board don't quite produce the same effect and unfortunately they show hot spots unlike the rings
you think you can snap a pic of just the brighter white light? i understand what you mean though by how if you are opening the headlights might as well install the whole RGBW board. I was hoping for the bmw/challenger option though

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
you think you can snap a pic of just the brighter white light? i understand what you mean though by how if you are opening the headlights might as well install the whole RGBW board. I was hoping for the bmw/challenger option though
We will have some comparison photos of the RGBW boards available shortly

Nick C.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
thanks for the sub!

yeah actually not sure what colors would look good except maybe white and some shade of green/yellow??

OH AND....I GOT THE RED WORKING!!!!
I know red LEDs rarely show up well in photos... How "red" is the red as opposed to a pinkish hue? With the white plastic I am concerned it will be tough to get a true red color...

They look good - I can't wait to get my lights from TLF. :D

OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know red LEDs rarely show up well in photos... How "red" is the red as opposed to a pinkish hue? With the white plastic I am concerned it will be tough to get a true red color...

They look good - I can't wait to get my lights from TLF. :D
it's 100% a pure mean red, but you're right...it's been impossible to get a good photo of the color.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
it's 100% a pure mean red, but you're right...it's been impossible to get a good photo of the color.
Perfect. Now I'm even more anxious to get mine. :cheers:

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
We will be releasing more board options in the future, but I don't foresee a single-color white option being released.

You'll get a brighter white with the RGBW boards installed

Nick C.
i need that!!! cant wait

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium Perfomance Pack
How did you have your DRLs wired? Where did you tap into to get them to run? The shop that did mine tapped into the wires going to the little light beside the turn signal light. I think maybe that's why mine are still not working.

The light down there beside the turn signal is not always on, so even if it did power my DRLs, they wouldn't always stay on like the factory DRLs. Really need some help figuring out which wires to tap in to in order to get my car's lights working again.

OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my installer did the same, I'm having to put the car in parking light mode during the day to get the lights to come on. when I fix it I'll let you know.
Sponsored