Sponsored

Goodbye stock running lights! Hello Brighter white and multicolored gills :D

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
Took a video today showing some of my recent mods, but more importantly the lights. these are the RGBW boards from diode dynamics....got an issue I need to work out with the RED wire (DD guy said one of the connectors might be bent and that would be why I don't have a bright red yet)

I love them, along with the blacked out housing...and the guy that did them added some red paint in the projector so if you look at them while the car is parked the projector appears red but is very subtle. i don't think it got captured well in the video.

anyways, I got tired of the rain EVERY DAY here in houston so my car is dirty and it's sprinkling but you get to see the lights :)

[ame]

any new subscribers are always welcomed to my channel....going to try to keep putting out new mustang videos as I get new mods/race new cars/do routine maintenance and more!

let me know what you guys think!
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Dude your car's rear end is badass. So jealous of your color matched plate.

"gg nub" :D

AmiNo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Auto
I can't find the gills on their site, can someone post a link?

Err never mind found them

OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium Perfomance Pack
I would strongly suggest not doing these mods...I've had my car at 4 different shops, I'm already on my third set of drivers for my LED gills, my bumper has been removed countless times, my headlights have been opened up twice and resealed and they still leak...don't mess with your headlights! Not worth it...things never turn out as well as internet forums and online stores would lead you to believe.

Not bashing DD's product at all, they do a tremendous job supporting it and backing what they sell, but I would NEVER do headlight mods again.

OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would strongly suggest not doing these mods...I've had my car at 4 different shops, I'm already on my third set of drivers for my LED gills, my bumper has been removed countless times, my headlights have been opened up twice and resealed and they still leak...don't mess with your headlights! Not worth it...things never turn out as well as internet forums and online stores would lead you to believe.

Not bashing DD's product at all, they do a tremendous job supporting it and backing what they sell, but I would NEVER do headlight mods again.
you live in texas, feel free to visit my friend who did mine to get your lights fixed. but please don't bash the thread/headlight mods because you could not find an experienced installer.

he specializes in BMW angel eye lights and prides himself in his headlights not leaking.

thru this tropical storm and all this rain, my lights do not have the slightest condensation whatsoever, and the seal looks damn close to being stock without being able to tell the lights were even opened.

most shops are not prepared for a job like this as it is a skill that must be perfected, and the lights must be tested well before giving them back to the customer.

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium Perfomance Pack
you live in texas, feel free to visit my friend who did mine to get your lights fixed. but please don't bash the thread/headlight mods because you could not find an experienced installer.

he specializes in BMW angel eye lights and prides himself in his headlights not leaking.

thru this tropical storm and all this rain, my lights do not have the slightest condensation whatsoever, and the seal looks damn close to being stock without being able to tell the lights were even opened.

most shops are not prepared for a job like this as it is a skill that must be perfected, and the lights must be tested well before giving them back to the customer.
I'm in Texas, but 4 hours away from Houston. I'm not bashing your thread, it's simply a warning to anyone who thinks this is a simple mod. I personally have installed lowering springs, longtube headers, CAI, etc. and those are bolt-on mods, easy. This is wayy more than 95% of shops can handle, and nobody on the internet seems to point that out.

That being said, I'm happy for you that yours turned out so well, that is awesome! Your car looks great.

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
I had an e92 BMW and changing the angel eye rings was a very popular mod in that scene. You can open the headlights up and reseal them if you are a professional and have lots of experience. Definitely not a DIY project.

Because it's so hard to do, people that do it correctly charge a shit ton... I never felt it was worth the cost, but to some people it is. You get what you pay for, and if you try to cheap out you will quickly find yourself replacing a $1300 headlight!

OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is wayy more than 95% of shops can handle, and nobody on the internet seems to point that out.

That being said, I'm happy for you that yours turned out so well, that is awesome! Your car looks great.
very true, I did a HID retrofit on my motorcycle before and it turned out great, BUT it took 8 hours and was a huge PITA!! my reseal was messy and i had to end up touching it up after getting condensation.

Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
What spoiler is that? Looks great.

OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CDC outlaw spoiler. you can get it for 299 shipped if you ask your vendors

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
"GG NUB"

Love it!

TeddysStang

1st time Stang owner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
CarolinaCarConnections.info
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT - 20" wheels
Yeah, I was thinking about picking these up, but probably won't be until next year. I am a little worried about someone opening my headlight and don't reseal properly though. Ehh, I'll probably just leave it alone, we'll see.

OP
OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my installer kept the headlights over night and water tested them in the morning, he had to touch up a few spots, then retested and we're good.

however, diode dynamics sent me out a power supply with screwed up internals, so my installer is going to have to re cut open the passenger headlight :\ it is causing the red and white leds to come on at the same time
Sponsored