Sponsored

Good news for magneride owners

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
Some of you, like me have noises from the magneride suspension, that made unpleasant the use of my GT.... Others, want to modify their suspension for a more race/track set up. This goes with GT and Gt350 owners.
The problem, how to fool the suspension modules, so doesn't disable the modes and controls max speed, because the elimination of shocks and ride high sensors! The FORscan guys can't do it yet, because they don't have access to the VDM module.
X-innering have been doing this for GM suspensions from yukons to corvettes via "simulators", that replaces the shocks and ride height sensors!
Thanks to the help of it Principal, Max Darrah, a prototype set was evaluated for some time. They work perfect! no more messages! In my case I installed a PP1 suspension, and my car is like should be. I know that in the GT350 section was a couple of guys who installed coilovers and had the same problem! So here is the solution. Also they are working on other products track oriented. For more info contact [email protected], a very professional guy, and very helpful....

P.D. I know! there is a lot of guys very happy with their magnaride, but also I test drive couple of cars with the same problem, and Ford doesn't issue a word about it. So dealers can do anything!
Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So you have the mag ride and you installed a non mag ride suspension?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So uh, how do I grab your MR equipment on the cheap and retro that to my car? :p

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I love MR and have no issues with it. I would not want to remove it.

OP
OP
redtrack

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
I love MR and have no issues with it. I would not want to remove it.
I know! lot of owners are very happy....After a lot of frustration for 8 months, that was the only choice, or sell the car and order a '19....
was noise, strange shock behavior, etc....lot of trips to the dealer....
enjoy your magneride…..

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Why would anyone pay $1700 for magneride only to remove it. I'm confused am I missing something? Maybe I read the post wrong. Time for coffee

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Why would anyone pay $1700 for magneride only to remove it. I'm confused am I missing something? Maybe I read the post wrong. Time for coffee
It wouldn't have been a pre-purchase intention.

If the MR was giving lots of problems but you really like the car otherwise . . . you can either keep throwing shop rate money at it trying to get it to work right or swap it out and be done with it.

Norm

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I've followed the forum pretty closely and haven't heard of many complaints about the MR.

I for one love it and haven't noticed any noises or strange behavior. My only complaint is it doesn't have a "softer" mode but I get engineering something to work well at a certain price point.

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I would like to retrofit this on mine, when it arrives. It would be nice to be able to select different modes and/or sensitivity levels. That is the reason I didn't order it. For that money, I should be able to change functionality as I see fit, IMO.

We will eventually learn how the VDM functions inside.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

If the MR was giving lots of problems but you really like the car otherwise . . . you can either keep throwing shop rate money at it trying to get it to work right or swap it out and be done with it.

Norm
I can understand that issues happen but the car should be under warranty. But like the post below mine says I have not seen any magneride issues come up. Only thing I can notice is that when it's cold there is a pop from reversing out of the driveway, likley the valve is stuck for a split sec as the fluid is warming up. Only notice it on the front wheel that is first to exit my driveway.

Sponsored
OP
OP
redtrack

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT

Norm
Well said Norm! that exactly what happened... and now after another $1500, I'm enjoying my 3rd GT....maybe I reorder magneride in my 4th! who knows....

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Are the rear shocks the same as the non mag rides on the gt models?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
For me, I am in the process of switching mine out and replacing it with kw club sport 3 way. I just need to install set of rear mustang control arms.

I am not really a fan of the magna ride myself. The system behaves odd. Most of the times is nice and firm and sometimes is very soft and loose. I also get the thump when going over bumps.

OP
OP
redtrack

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
@Niz55...coil over sets are for non mag cars. I look at coil over brands..... you will need both aluminum lower arms. Mag springs are wound in opossite direction. That's what I did.....
also you will need the xinnering set of simulators, so your VDM module doesn't send messages, and controls top speed to 80 mph, and disable modes settings.
another owner with problems with magneride!

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Yes I have my rear arms and will install it soon.
Sponsored