corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Been driving manual mustangs ever since I got my permit almost 19 years ago time flys! Just recently switched to the A10. How many of you guy are the same and do you still reach for the clutch peddle? I still find myself sometimes just turning the car off in drive:headbang:
You gave up that third pedal pretty early - 19 years is nothing compared to almost 50 years of owning nothing but MT cars.

Yes, I have reached for the clutch pedal in a 2-pedal car before. Once in the pouring rain for a manually commanded 2nd to 3rd upshift coming out of a highway entrance ramp, which got my attention in a pretty big hurry. Don't remember ever not putting an AT in 'Park', but I know I haven't always remembered to put my foot on the brake in order to shift it out of Park (and it still wouldn't be instinctive even after mentioning it here if I had to drive an automatic ten minutes from now).

Norm
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah... When every other 1k dollar exhaust option has double walled tips that dont look like tin cans? It bothers me on a car that sticker'd just short of 50k.

You can always fix that or stay bothered, it's only money What else bothers you about the car ?

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
You can always fix that or stay bothered, it's only money What else bothers you about the car ?
You cant though without spending another 1k on a set of mufflers that are compatible with the active system.

Tips would cost 200 bucks to swap but the way Ford positioned them on the muffler and positioned the actuator for the valve make it impossible to cut and replace them.

You can keep being condescending though if thats what you want to do.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Well I went the other way. I traded my 2013 Mustang GT Brembo with an automatic for a 2019 PP2. I hadn't driven a manual since 1996 other than tractors. I've had a learning curve to deal with, with the manual, but I'm getting used to it again and loving it. That said, if the PP2 had an option for the A10, I'd be driving it today. While the manual is more funner, the automatic is more gooder. The automatic is just better at converting power form the 5.0 into speed than I am with a manual.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
You cant though without spending another 1k on a set of mufflers that are compatible with the active system.

Tips would cost 200 bucks to swap but the way Ford positioned them on the muffler and positioned the actuator for the valve make it impossible to cut and replace them.

You can keep being condescending though if thats what you want to do.

Actually the single wall tin cans make the exhaust look bigger. Wondered if they could be hacked. When I get my car, will have a look, if what you say is so.

I can live with it. I did not get a GT PP2 for the looks any way.
That's a pretty big word condescending, and judgemental,

Pep
Sponsored

Last edited: