OP

JayGT3067

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2015 BMW 640 Grand Coupé x Drive
Cheers! A few folks asked that I provide some pictures. The material is a leather/Alcantara. My first thought was full alcantara, but I wanted user friendly cleaning options. As far as the doors, used the same material as the center console. It’s probably difficult to see the difference between OEM, however in real life, huge difference...very satisfied. I’m not done. Ultimately, I’ll look to wrap most of the plastic interior parts. But now I’m focused on the dash trim, window switches, door pulls, etc. Waiting on a prototype for Black Carbon fiber, with a very slight red tint.
Looks good. Would you mind sharing pricing either here or through PM?[/QUOTE]
No problem! I’m in Germany so I’m using a German auto upholstery. The exchange value of the dollar is pretty high...so that’s a plus for me. The Center Console, A-pillars, red leather for shifter and emergency brake: $1200 ; The Doors and glove box: $1000.
Sponsored

Crowley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Figured it out! No need to unscrew the bolts! There are 2 metal hinges connecting the right and left side of the box. Put eyes on the hinges from the rear, use some needle nose pliers, and slide the left one to the right, and right one to the left. Comes right off!
143A1FA7-8EC7-48EA-ACA3-4870100E619D.jpeg
I hate to bring this thread back, what do you mean put eyes on the hinges from the rear? My grandson scratched my glovebox and it is pretty deep so I bought a used one that looks brand new and will be replacing it. Is re-install straight forward?

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I would assume he meant he could see it i.e. when he got the glove box lowered enough to be able to see the pins

OP
OP

JayGT3067

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2015 BMW 640 Grand Coupé x Drive
Pretty straightforward! Put eyes on means...if you lay on the passenger side floor, and Look up. You see the Metal Hinge
Sponsored