You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
If I may add...... I just this week finished my suspension upgrade which includes KW V3 coilovers. I am simply blown away with the fit & finish and more importantly the ride. I was torn between V1 & V3 but I am so glad I went with V3. Initially I used the Roush settings as their setup are KW's but it was WAY too low so I set my car up with the highest recommended setting per the included instructions and the stance to me is perfect. I have 14.50" from center of spindle to wheel well lip in the rear and 14.25" in the front. I set the compression (Bump) and rebound to the supplied specs but ended up coming down 3 clicks with the compression and I am blown away. I have never had a better riding, performing setup in my 30 years of modding mustangs. My last car (2015 PP GT) I tried Steeda Sport Progressive springs with both stock PP dampeners and FFRP version. I also tried BMR minimum drop performance springs with the same two versions of dampeners and the difference with these KW's is night and day. I am forever a KW coilover guy from this day forth lol.

No real good pics currently but here is one from yesterday while shopping

Before

After

Sorry for the cell phone pics
Sponsored

Last edited:

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Looks bad ass red leather too! lucky man iv got the KW
Clubsport 2 on order @nemisis got a good deal.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks bad ass red leather too! lucky man iv got the KW
Clubsport 2 on order @nemisis got a good deal.
Thank you! I traded in to go from manual to automatic but I think I like having redline interior as much as the automatic :headbang: I couldn't get it the first time because the 50 year AP eliminates the option.

Very interested to hear about the Clubsport kit. The fronts are complete out of the box (not needing stock hats) correct? Are these the ones with remote reservoirs? Every stock picture of them I've seen does not show what they look like for our cars, its a stock image of some other cars setup.

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
That looks astounding!

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here monday will let you know and add pics

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice spot!

[MENTION=8761]Jmeo[/MENTION] nice car. Would have loved red leather :thumbsup:
Thank you :cheers:

I'm assuming red leather wasn't an option for you guys?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

No, just ebony, saddle and ceramic.

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Just looking at your rims are the 350 ones or are they an option you have over there?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just looking at your rims are the 350 ones or are they an option you have over there?
They are Forgestar CF10 wheels. I had MMR M350 wheels but switched to these because they are similar but can be ordered in custom offsets. That and they are very reasonably priced.

Sponsored

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
MPG and tune

It looks great and I suspect it is something like an:

20x10 ET40 front with 285/35/20 rubber
20x11 ET55 rear with 305/30/20 rubber

Judging by how the tyres look a little skinny, so the ride will be harsher.

Springs: BMR Performance or Steeda Sport Linear should give that drop, BMR maybe 5mm or so higher but softer, Steeda a touch lower but firmer again.

BMR cradle lockout does the job of Steeda stop the hop braces, alignment pins and another Steeda part, BMR really is the better solution and far cheaper.

It depends what is important to you, if you just want the looks, then yes just fit springs and bigger wheels. If you actually want to improve the handling then the KW or FRPP track pack vastly improves handling without sacrificing ride quality so much if at all.

If I buy another Mustang I will sell the current one with FRPP track pack and second time round I would go with KW or Eibach coilovers as the coilover setups are made in UK/Germany so are only ÂŁ1000 delivered and are even better and completely adjustable to give you the absolute perfect stance.
hi gibbo, you gave me some advice before so i thought i'd pick your brain , and others on the forum, again if you dont mind. I've had a 2016 GT FB MT for 6 months. last week i has the frpp track handling pack installed, which i am loving. i also had the full streetfighter and headers exhaust , roush cai and tune from CTB in auckland. increase on the dyno was from 205 Kw whp to 280 Kw whp which i didn't really care about as i thought power was fine for my daily drive. questions/ comments i have regarding the build are the enginne breaking is dramatically increased, which i really like but wondering why. the lower gear shifting is much smother/ less jerky , again why? the L/100Km is worse when cruising at 110 km/hr in 6th gear from 8-9 L/100 Km to 12. I expect poor gas economy when getting on it at high revs but 2000 rpm cruising? shouldn't the engine run more efficiently now? thanks for your time, tom

TheGoodGuy

The Good Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chard
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp. Orange
Not in the UK, based in the US, I have the KW V1 and they are amazing on daily driving. I haven't had the opportunity to try the Steeda's custom valving with the Koni's ... but the KWs I am a 100% sure no one would be disappointed on daily driving characteristics. Soaks up all the bumps... ALL OF IT!

Just my 2 cents, for whatever its worth.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Not in the UK, based in the US, I have the KW V1 and they are amazing on daily driving. I haven't had the opportunity to try the Steeda's custom valving with the Koni's ... but the KWs I am a 100% sure no one would be disappointed on daily driving characteristics. Soaks up all the bumps... ALL OF IT!

Just my 2 cents, for whatever its worth.

As I was trying to explain earlier, even the V1 ride extremely well as they have the ideal dampening for road driving and are still height adjustable with perfectly matched rated springs. Most people do not need the rebound/compression adjustment the V3 offer for road driving. They are a great setup out the box and for ÂŁ1000 good value, if I was doing this over again this would be the route I would take. I'd not even consider FRPP, Steeda or Koni dampers/shocks with random spring sets, yes those setups are good but the KW are simply better and now the pound is weak the coilovers are similar price to a set of springs and dampers which have no height adjustment.

For 1k the KW V1 or Eibach coilovers are hard to beat for the money.

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gibbo I sent you a PM with a potential shopping list rather than derail the thread. :)

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I have made a build thread (the car is being built today!) http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71168

This thread has guided that shopping list, so thanks. Mike at Modurstang has the BMR Cradle Lockouts in stock and seems to have a good source of BMR gear.

So my question is what bushings should I get? Are these Powerflex ones suitable/a good idea? http://www.focusrsparts.co.uk/ford/...ion-mounts-and-bushes/powerflex/cat_2378.html
Which on that page should I consider? Is it better to get BMR bushings?

The only other thing is the roll bars. Do I go with Eibach or consider the BMR option?

I think then I'm all set (I've bought the KW Variant 1 from Guy at Nemesis)
Sponsored