Sponsored

Gen V stage 2 whipple vs P1sc stage 2 kit

Ghosted_10spd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt/cs
Car 2019 10r80 with 3.55 gears

currently have a p1sc stage 2 kit on 93 and considering switching to gen 5 3.0 stage 2 Whipple kit.
looking for input on if I should keep my kit and throw it on E or spend $2,000 and get the whipple set up.

The car will be used primarily for the street with minor drag strip use.
Dyno sheets and time slips welcome!
HELP LOL
Sponsored

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, PP1, MT82, 401A
If you are looking for more power, would suggest going E-85 and pulley your charger down. You will need a return fuel system which is well worth the price of admission. Personally, I would not incur the cost of going to an entirely different FI system when you already have one. Another option would be to upgrade your P1sc to a P1X or even D1X depending on your end goals.

Where are you seeing a gen 5 whipple for $2000?

OP
OP

Ghosted_10spd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt/cs
If you are looking for more power, would suggest going E-85 and pulley your charger down. You will need a return fuel system which is well worth the price of admission. Personally, I would not incur the cost of going to an entirely different FI system when you already have one. Another option would be to upgrade your P1sc to a P1X or even D1X depending on your end goals.

Where are you seeing a gen 5 whipple for $2000?
It’s the price difference between what I’m selling my kit for vs the cost of purchasing the whipple. And yea keeping my kit would be way less of a headache it seems. I’m just wondering if the whipple out performs the pro charger. Even though I’ve heard you can’t compare the p1sc to the 3.0

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, PP1, MT82, 401A
You really cant go wrong with FI types on these cars. On a 10r80 car, the PC will do just fine just as would the whipple. IMO, you have a installed PC kit already. I would do a fuel system, go e85 and pulley it down. You will notice a significant difference. If you want to spend the money and do the work, sure a whipple is a great blower. Different power delivery as you must know. Both are great.

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
What is it you don't like about the procharger that is wanting you to change to whipple? My S197 is procharged with a D1SC making 800+ whp and it is for sure a handful on the street. I could not imagine trying to get traction with a PD blower like a VMP or Whipple that gives you all of the power instantly. Being that you have an A10 you will always be in the powerband with the procharger so I don't really see any need to switch to a different blower. The only thing I would be wondering is why you didn't get the P1X instead of the P1SC. The P1SC can still get the job done though. How much power are you making now? Are you running Procharger's tune or an aftermarket tune? This will also make a big difference as the manufacturer's tune usually leaves a decent amount on the table as far as power and driveability goes.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
What are you hoping to gain from switching from P1sc on 93 to a 3.0 whipple on 93.

besides the fact that you’re comparing 2 blowers of crazy size difference.
Sponsored