• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gear indicator on A10 automatic....

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Yeah itā€™s that one. Change the digit to A. Thereā€™s also an option in forscan to view all the editable options as a list.

Current gear is always displayed in all driving modes.
With "a" selected, how does that change the "TG"? Will 2 only change CGD?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I was using 2.3.60. Now Iā€™m using the latest beta. just a note, the gear isnā€™t displayed in park, neutral and reverse. Only drive and manual.

I am interested in enabling active exhaust but so far Iā€™ve had no luck.
I've never used a beta version. Are these downloadable from their site or do you have to request them?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not doubting that, but what change is made to "TG' when A is selected?
If you have a tachometer showing in your gauges now, then your current value for that digit is an 8. Changing it to A will change nothing except start showing the gear indicator while in drive, regardless of drive mode.

Slothman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Vapor Blue Nite Pony
I've never used a beta version. Are these downloadable from their site or do you have to request them?
you have to have a paid license and you can download it through the member only part of the forum.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you have to have a paid license and you can download it through the member only part of the forum.
Cool. Yea, I've been a paid user for many, many years. I think I grabbed a 3-year license right before they stopped selling them.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have a tachometer showing in your gauges now, then your current value for that digit is an 8. Changing it to A will change nothing except start showing the gear indicator while in drive, regardless of drive mode.
Thanks, I'll try it this weekend when I get time.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick question...When I got in to change my CGD today it had a "C' where I put the "A", I can confirm that it does show what gear I'm in. My question is...should I change it to an "E"? The "C" designates SSS True, "A" designates SSS false, while "E" designates SSS True*CGD Enabled. Is the Darkhorse value different than the GT for that characteristic maybe?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick question...When I got in to change my CGD today it had a "C' where I put the "A", I can confirm that it does show what gear I'm in. My question is...should I change it to an "E"? The "C" designates SSS True, "A" designates SSS false, while "E" designates SSS True*CGD Enabled. Is the Darkhorse value different than the GT for that characteristic maybe?
If the as-built is a C, then change it to an E.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the as-built is a C, then change it to an E.
Confirm. Changed to "E", CGD is displayed. Not sure what changes the SSS did but I couldn't tell anything different as far as dash display goes. CGD displayed with both parameters. Thank you for the clarification. It made sense that everything should remain AB except for the CGD. What I did notice was that each time I plugged my OBD in I had to go in and redo my MyColor, ambient light settings and the perimeter alarm sensors. There was also four DTC's, I left them alone for now as I have no check engine light on that would make me concerned. I'll look into those later when I get more familiar with FORScan. Again, thanks for the help!

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 4x4 Limited. 2024 GT Mustang Premium
I hope they add it in a future update, but my 2019 never showed the gear either unless using the paddles. Thatā€™s one thing I like about the 10 speed in my F-250; it displays the gear all the time.

Edit: I should clarify my 2019 Mustang did not have the digital dash. It sounds from others' comments that the S550 digital dash does display what gear you are in, but the standard dash does not.
I agree,
Our 2020 F150 4x4 Limited has the 10-Speed.
The 1-10 gears are lit up or you can turn them off. When in M the shifter is a Button on the side of the lever to shift up or down.
Also a nice feature would be a Front Camer & the 10 position Drivers & passenger Front seat.
The 3 position 2024 Mustang GT 401A Premium Driver's front seat is lacking a few options.
Of course the 2020 4x4 Rapid Red Limited, 450 Horses šŸŽ, is Mucho Dinero.
The Mustang is more Fun to Drive & my Wife of 53 years Loves it.
Canā€™t wait to get it up in the High Country Mountains.
I just miss the Front Camera.
It is What It Is.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Lol!! This took a deeper dive and turn now that it's a FORscan "option". :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Here's to hoping for an OTA Software update to "give" this option. I've already reached out to Ford with the suggestion but no response as of yet.

Now ... Back to the FORscan Show!!
Sponsored