Sponsored

Galloping Turn Signal

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
So I installed a UPR oil catch can today as well as the LED conversion kit from diode dynamics, reverse light, and raxiom sequentials. Now every time I use my right turn signal it makes the galloping noise people were talking about after installing diode dynamic switchbacks.

I'm assuming this is from the raxiom sequentials? Has anyone else had this happen on just right turn signals and not the left?

I really don't care if it's normal or the galloping sound just don't want two different sounds haha
Sponsored

stctippr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT
Are you sure the one on the left is working? I bought the diode dynamics switchbacks and my passenger side didn't work. It also caused some kind of electrical problem that knocked out my passenger side tail light for a little while.

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you sure the one on the left is working? I bought the diode dynamics switchbacks and my passenger side didn't work. It also caused some kind of electrical problem that knocked out my passenger side tail light for a little while.
Yep I'm sure both sides are working. I found another thread about this:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28597

Seems like it's a faulty wiring harness from raxiom. Not sure if it's worth sending back in or not

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So this issue fixed itself and came back a few weeks later. Turns out that the galloping sound indicates that the entire tail light turn signal isn't working.. Returned these and got a set of diode dynamics instead. Issue came back about a week after install where the entire right side tail light turn signals don't work and galloping sound indicated this. Turned the vehicle off/on and seems to be back to normal.. Can anyone explain what is going on or what needs replaced?

Sponsored

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is working just fine. Mine has done it since day 1 but all the lights work. I don't even pay attention to it anymore.
Atleast all of your lights work haha guess it doesn't matter in your case

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I returned the raxiom ones and now the DD ones are still doing it periodically where my passenger side tail light doesn't work at all until I turn the car off and on. What was your electrical problem and how did you fix it?

stctippr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT
I just put the stock bulbs back in and the tail light started working again after a day or so. I waited for the newly designed diode bulbs and no problems so far.

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just put the stock bulbs back in and the tail light started working again after a day or so. I waited for the newly designed diode bulbs and no problems so far.
Hmm okay thanks for the update. I have the new diode dynamics already and just noticed this issue today. Going to switch the harnesses around and possibly the switchbacks to see if it replicates on the driver side

Sponsored
OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The raxiom isn't causing it. It's the switchbacks. This is a common thing.
It's common that the passenger tail light doesn't work at all sometimes cause of switchbacks?

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The original post and topic was about the galloping turn signal. I was referring to that. I didn't see you were having other issues. Sorry.
Ohh ok gotcha. Thanks tho man

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's definitely the switchbacks causing it for me. Everything is working just fine, but the dash turn indicators are galloping/irregular. Mine are the amazon switchbacks that were popular while DD's were unavailable. If there's a fix, I'll do it, but otherwise it's not bothering me much

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Need to put resistors in to stop it I believe. I'm sure someone can confirm. I just ordered the DD switchbacks today.
Sponsored