Sponsored

Full tank in miles you get? (Ecoboost, GT, V6)

OP
OP
Stangman21

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 Premium
pansies really never drive stick
Calm down. I understand the hate on autos but I never really entertained the idea until I gave it a shot twice on my test drive of the stang. I've driven stick for almost 20 years. I'm just lazy of shifting sometimes. I have the best of both worlds. I can switch to the SelectShift and still smoke someone (in apple to apple comparison of stangs) with the paddleshifting. I'm not gonna lie the paddle shifting can be fun!

This is coming from a guy who also looked in cars and thought, "what?! automatic?! why?!" But on top of that my car is decked out with all the creature comforts (leather, heated/cooled seats, dual automatic temp, etc.) No complaints on switching over.

watchdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp premium
My 2015 Ecobust PP was getting up to 400 miles per a tank (avg 31mpg) on highway. About the only thing the 2.3 did well other than be a boring engine IMO.

My 2016 GTPP reads 205 on fill up (avg 13.3) I have only driven in city traffic so far. The most I ever got on my previous 2012 GTPP was 330 (26.5 mpg) highway driving.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
If I'm driving it casually I typically get 300 to 305 to empty. If I'm hard on it about 211

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Calm down. I understand the hate on autos but I never really entertained the idea until I gave it a shot twice on my test drive of the stang. I've driven stick for almost 20 years. I'm just lazy of shifting sometimes. I have the best of both worlds. I can switch to the SelectShift and still smoke someone (in apple to apple comparison of stangs) with the paddleshifting. I'm not gonna lie the paddle shifting can be fun!

This is coming from a guy who also looked in cars and thought, "what?! automatic?! why?!" But on top of that my car is decked out with all the creature comforts (leather, heated/cooled seats, dual automatic temp, etc.) No complaints on switching over.
I love my auto too. My previous sports car was a manual and I was just tired of messing with the gears. With auto, I just punch it when I want to and it shifts smooth when I just cruise.

Sponsored

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
I get around 9-12mpg. I'm on the loud pedal.. a LOT. lol. Aside from not hooning as much, do you guys have any tips for better mpg?

pigdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Premium 6MT MM/Saddle
EB 6MT here, most always get 400+ when I fill up. Mostly hwy miles.
Pigdoc

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
I get about 145-155 miles a tank. 9.5-10.5 mpg on e85.

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Just a joke bud. I don't care what others drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Reporting from Houston

As promised I left home Friday morning headed to Houston. Its the first road trip in the car and I wanted to see how the Adaptive cruise would affect mileage. Also I wanted to see how much I could get out of a tank of gas..

The Adaptive cruise was used for two tanks and it didn't get more than 19.5mph.
Now before you jump on anything that was with the speed set at 78mph. I think the reason it didn't get higher mileage is the way it works in traffic. It is very smooth, you don't notice it slowing down when you come into traffic unless the traffic is going much slower than you. So when you realize you have slowed below your set speed and go to change lanes you hit the turn signal and the car accelerates. That burns extra gas, I found that happening a lot because the ACC works so well you forget about it's ability to match speeds with the vehicle in front of you.

After the second tank I turned cruise off and started manually holding the speed. I dropped back to 75 and tried to hold it there. The mileage went up to 21.3 for the next tank of gas.

When I arrived I took a pic of the trip computer readout showing the trip totals and avg.

And I almost forgot, I stopped for gas at the 290+ mile mark each time and I usually had 25 - 30 miles left in the tank. The seats were comfortable, the air con was great as was the sound system. The rain sensing wipers are great but I did add RainX to the reservoir a week ago and that also helped when I hit the torrential rains in Louisiana.
IMG_9502.jpg
IMG_9510.jpg

5lette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Manual
No offense but I don't get this thread. It's a 435 hp car. Not a Prius. No one could buy this car thinking about gas mileage. Drive it like a Mustang and enjoy it.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
No offense but I don't get this thread. It's a 435 hp car. Not a Prius. No one could buy this car thinking about gas mileage. Drive it like a Mustang and enjoy it.
Lol, then I will be getting tickets faster than I get gas.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Dude you're not paying attention

No one buys anything anymore and settles for what it was advertised as. Yes its a muscle car, got it, now how do you drive it to maximize the mileage.

Have you noticed say, the Tesla folks? They make this super luxurious electric car, then they added a super high HP motor circuit to give it unreal acceleration. Not quite in line with saving the planet from pollution, but once they got the car to go they decided to ask just how quick could it go. Good for them!

In our case we get the full package in the Mustang, we enjoy it and we push it. Some at the drags, some on the Dyno, some at the track. Me I push it on the highway. 999 miles in 15 hours last Friday. (I had the dog with me so I stopped to walk him a few times)

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
I drive my GT as hard as possible within reason and mostly the law. Well when cops are around anyway. And I still get about 17mpg combined but mostly city. I have seen up to 26 highway.

High HP is not exclusive to low mpg.

Plus in a few month or years when the price of gas shoots back up we will ALL be crying again.
Sponsored