Full Race?

LStillman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
M4dSc1ent1st
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I spent all weekend and all day at Headgames Motorworks, flowbenching different prototype manifolds and tweaking on this cyl head. We tried some different ferrea valvetrain setups. Camshafts are proving to be tricky! Even with detailed cad models we had to sacrifice this cyl head to the R&D gods - fortunately Ford has a reasonable pricetag on brand new oem head castings. Its a steep learning curve that has thrown a few curveballs :headbonk:
Here I am getting excisted to see you posting up and then I open this and no pictures?

Awesome update though does full race plan to offer cams and cylinder heads for this application The head seems to be very restrictive from the factory. I'm curious to see what the stock head flows.
Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
I spent all weekend and all day at Headgames Motorworks, flowbenching different prototype manifolds and tweaking on this cyl head. We tried some different ferrea valvetrain setups. Camshafts are proving to be tricky! Even with detailed cad models we had to sacrifice this cyl head to the R&D gods - fortunately Ford has a reasonable pricetag on brand new oem head castings. Its a steep learning curve that has thrown a few curveballs :headbonk:
Bandsaw? Have any interesting cross sections for us? We'll be your best friends...:D

STREETMASTERS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2.3
Seems nothing is easy....
I myself thought this engine would be as simple as slap on a turbo, boost and go...
all worth it...bbesides all the mustangs, the RS is close behind. Watching these threads close!
Keep up the good work Geoff and appreciate the updates!!

bonnarls3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
you can get a new head from ford loaded for 550.00 the problem is it has a 250.00 core on top of it.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
you can get a new head from ford loaded for 550.00 the problem is it has a 250.00 core on top of it.
Hmm, I wasn't aware of this. I wonder if you could get a bare head, and if so, what the cost would be? I might have to check into this.

Sponsored

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Here I am getting excited to see you posting up and then I open this and no pictures?
For anyone not familiar - Headgames Motorworks is in Princeton, NJ. They are a small team of 6 people, best known for their porting and valve jobs. The owner Dave is a long time mustang enthusiast. His team's interest in the 2.3L ecoboost platform is very strong so I sent a pair of cyl heads to them last march and flew out last friday to get to work. My customers and I have relied on headgames for many years and I truly believe they are one of the best resources in the world for cylinder head preparation. Numerous drag racing world records on everything from lambos to 2jz to subaru to 5.0 coyote and LS chevys, these guys have the experience and machinery to do things right

we use 2 heads, one is kept completely stock throughout the tests (our baseline) and the other head we ported and flowbenched, then installed different turbo manifold prototypes, then flowbenched again. Repeat over and over:

does full race plan to offer cams and cylinder heads for this application The head seems to be very restrictive from the factory. I'm curious to see what the stock head flows.
Full-Race develops turbo kits that can work great on a stock motor, and even better on a built one - We have partners to support this effort.

The stock head doesnt allow for a large cam to be dropped in, and even on stock cams proper portwork shows tremendous gains. In this case, headgames is getting ready to offer a prepped cylinder head with custom Ferrea valvetrain and the ability to use larger than stock camshafts.

I myself thought this engine would be as simple as slap on a turbo, boost and go...
for 500crank HP - yes you can slap on a turbo kit, tune and go. But there is a lot more potential on the table. We've found tremendous areas of improvement in our turbo manifold design - as the head is able to flow more

I think that is a pretty good deal! I recently had a retainer break in my daily beater evo and need to purchase a mitsubishi evo head ... $1700 to put this in perspective

Hmm, I wasn't aware of this. I wonder if you could get a bare head, and if so, what the cost would be? I might have to check into this.
sure can :ford:

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Well I'm waiting on results so I can start building my engine up

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
that's interesting!
:headbang:
...well, + the $250 core charge, then the $500 or so (est) for quality springs, retainers, and locks...then of couse if you have it apart you'll want a good valve job bc the factory one is guaranteed to suck, $400...but that's only after you've spent 15-20 hours grinding on the thing...and that's assuming you know what you're doing and have all the tools needed for dis/reassembly. Adds up fast.

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
...well, + the $250 core charge, then the $500 or so (est) for quality springs, retainers, and locks...then of couse if you have it apart you'll want a good valve job bc the factory one is guaranteed to suck, $400...but that's only after you've spent 15-20 hours grinding on the thing...and that's assuming you know what you're doing and have all the tools needed for dis/reassembly. Adds up fast.
I'm just comparing it to the SRT4 head that was fully dressed for $875 outright / no core charge from Dodge
Every couple hundred bucks helps:thumbsup:
Are you certain there's a core fee on the EB head?

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM

Jap Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MT82 PP EcoBoost Mustang
Can't wait for my Full-Race manifold and 8374 EFR . Geoff is the man !
Sponsored