Sponsored

Full ARH w/hi-flo cats and h-pipe - just installed. Audio inside.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Had my ARH 1 7/8 headers with hi-flo cats, h-pipe and pure thunder mufflers installed yesterday. So ARH from heads to exhaust tips.

Opted for the h-pipe vs. x-pipe as I preferred the idea of more a muscle car (throaty) sound vs. the more raspiness of the x.

The car sounds great. I went with the cats partially to keep and stink down (though it doesn't sound like there is much with this engine) and to hopefully mute the sound a bit.

That said, make no mistake, at wot this car is loud - wonderfully loud. I won't say wake the dead loud, but it is probably pretty close. Shift at about 2500-3000 rpm and I can't see anyone complaining - is significantly louder than stock but is not obnoxious and sounds oh so nice.

Take it aggressively to 4000-4500 and people a block or two away will know you are coming. It sounds great and I don't mind, but I know the majority of people will be looking at me, shake their heads and have thoughts that I am compensating for something. Oh well.

----
As I type this, my son just asked me if I got my car back and if it is loud. My wife (who just got back from a ride) responded with an emphatic, 'Yes'. She was not terribly impressed, but she doesn't understand these sorts of things. :) But I digress:
----

Once you are at speed you can barely tell it is there. No (as in none) drone at highway speeds - at least none between 1800rpm and 2500rpm. I have 3.73s.

Below is some in car video I took after work. I narrate so you know what is going on. In watching the vid, I realize I had the music going a bit. Oh well. It is hard to capture the way things actually sound with an iphone, but it will have to do.

In the first vid, I say I am shifting at 3,000rpm, after coming to the second stop, I think I may have taken things to about 4,000.

[ame]

Cruising at highway speeds:
[ame]

Cold start and revs to 2,000 and 3,000 rpm
[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
Thanks for the video. Get some WOT clips if you can :headbang:

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
great review. thanks a lot.
i cannot wait to do this.

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
Also, have you had the chance to listen to a regular ARH catback? How does this compare in terms of volume?

OP
OP

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Thanks for the video. Get some WOT clips if you can :headbang:
I have a 94 octane tune and had to put 91 in at the last fill, so don't want to push it too hard right now. Fuel aside, just got to find the right time, not a lot of opportunity for wot on the daily commute. I'll figure it out though.

Also, have you had the chance to listen to a regular ARH catback? How does this compare in terms of volume?
I have not. This will be louder for sure. I know the h-pipe design is different between the catback and bottleneck eliminator setup that I have. Volume aside, am not sure what (if anything) that difference would do to the overall sound.

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Thanks for this vid man :thumbsup:

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I've decided on the Steeda CAI and maybe eliminate sound tube?? I'll see how loud it is in the cabin with the sound tube and CAI first!!

Thanx:cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I'd get rid of the sound tube for sure. Just adds clutter in the engine bay.

OP
OP

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Will likely add a cold start vid from outside the car on Friday. Maybe a few revs (don't want to be that guy in my neighborhood). That will probably be about it from me in terms of outside videos.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Will likely add a cold start vid from outside the car on Friday. Maybe a few revs (don't want to be that guy in my neighborhood). That will probably be about it from me in terms of outside videos.
why?

go set the camera on the side of the road (that isn't busy) and give us a few drivebys! :headbang:

OP
OP

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
why?

go set the camera on the side of the road (that isn't busy) and give us a few drivebys! :headbang:
Maybe. Will have to give some thought as to where to find such a road somewhat nearby.
Sponsored