Sponsored

Fuel I/M Readiness Monitor

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
So I have to pass emissions and have gotten all my monitors to enable except for the fuel monitor. I have followed the Ford OBDII drive cycle as described here

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

I have logged 130 or so miles on the setup so not sure what the deal is. My S197 just passed emissions and the fuel monitor was one of the first monitors to set.

My S550 is a manual, so not sure if that has anything to do with it and my S197 is an Auto. I did the accelerate to 65 mph from a stop and slow down to 40 with no brakes several times, but can still not get the monitor to set.

Any advice is appreciated.

20200819_202641.jpg
Sponsored

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I had a little goofiness i was trying to hunt down even with my emissions tune last year.. Did tons of drive cycles and still couldn't get all the monitors to clear. Last ditch effort i pulled the battery cable off the car for an hour to fully reset everything and did the drive cycles again. Within 50 miles or so they all cleared. Something to try if you haven't already.

OP
OP
fuelforfire87

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I had a little goofiness i was trying to hunt down even with my emissions tune last year.. Did tons of drive cycles and still couldn't get all the monitors to clear. Last ditch effort i pulled the battery cable off the car for an hour to fully reset everything and did the drive cycles again. Within 50 miles or so they all cleared. Something to try if you haven't already.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

OP
OP
fuelforfire87

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Gave it a shot pulling the battery and re-uploading the tune but still no dice. Either there is something in the tune preventing the fuel system from being ready, or I need more driving time than the 130 or so miles I put on originally. What I'm not understanding is that my fuel system is stock, minus LU47 injectors for running E85. I'm wondering also if having an 18 manifold with the IMRC locked out is affecting the ability to pass. I don't think that would be the case however because a factory 15-17 Roush equipped mustang is able to pass emissions and the IMRC is obviously deleted on those because of the blower. I'm really hoping to not have to swap back on a 15-17 intake manifold in order to pass. That would be a major PITA to do every two years. Seriously considering moving to a state that doesn't have emissions testing, lol.

I was expecting to have issues with getting the o2 and catalyst monitors to pass since I have headers but to my surprise they set very quickly (within 30-40 miles). This whole emissions thing is becoming a major PITA. In some states I would be able to pass because some states allow one system to be incomplete but I live in IL where all monitors have to be ready or you will not pass. End Rant.

OP
OP
fuelforfire87

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
So i found some good info on why the fuel system monitor might not be ready

https://www.stopthesoot.org/etep/FSMA.pdf

According to the document CARB changed the fuel system from a continuous monitor to one that is non-continuous for the S550 (requires a drive cycle.) I tried what is recommended in the document and it still didnt set. So it may be tune/mod related for me, but good information for people having issues getting the fuel system monitor to set. Surprised there aren't more people having an issue with this monitor.

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
i am having the same issue. i realize its been 3 years. did that fuel monitor set and if so what did you do
Sponsored