Sponsored

FRPP Touring Axle Back info

Lilwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've spent several days searching the forums on information regarding the interior sound level of the FRPP touring axle back. I'm wanting something with a little more volume than stock, but still quiet inside the car when cruising at 1500-2000 rpms. I drive about 90 miles a day an don't want any elevated sounds levels on the highway. Most video clips I've seen have paired this with an x or h pipe which isn't the configuration that I would run. Any advice on the FRPP touring axle back would be much appreciated. I'm also open to other options that would give slightly more volume but quiet 1500-2000 rpm cruising. Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Sport catback, and I don't notice it much louder than stock when cruising in high gear. At that point, tire and wind noise are more noticeable. So with the touring mufflers and factory resonator, I doubt it will be too loud for you.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you want truly quiet while cruising get the corsa touring axleback. It's definitely got more volume than stock when you accelerate but as quiet or quieter (honestly) at cruise.

OP
OP

Lilwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you want truly quiet while cruising get the corsa touring axleback. It's definitely got more volume than stock when you accelerate but as quiet or quieter (honestly) at cruise.
Have you heard the FRPP touring axle back? Do you have the Corsa Touring?

I've read good things about Corsa, however my plan was to try the FRPP first and if I didn't like it, move to the corsa.

Thanks for your advice!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Have you heard the FRPP touring axle back? Do you have the Corsa Touring?

I've read good things about Corsa, however my plan was to try the FRPP first and if I didn't like it, move to the corsa.

Thanks for your advice!
I have. It's similar volume with a bit different tone to the corsa, but they're fairly close. The FRPP is a little deeper and raspier in the higher rpm range. It won't drone but it will have some tone in the car all the time on the highway. With the resonator it'll probably be very mild, though.

I have the Corsa Sport axleback (mufflers from the Xtreme catback), which is decently louder than the Touring, and even it with the stock resonator or the resonated X-pipe I have now is silent on the highway till I get decently on the throttle. I love how it's almost dual mode like that.

Sponsored

YZFMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2006 Mustang GT Vert
I've just ordered the FRPP Touring with the quad tips for the same reason. Wanted something a bit louder than stock but not too aggressive.

I've used FRPP exhaust a couple of times in the past in my previous Mustangs, and all with excellent results. No drone and the right sound.

OP
OP

Lilwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've just ordered the FRPP Touring with the quad tips for the same reason. Wanted something a bit louder than stock but not too aggressive.

I've used FRPP exhaust a couple of times in the past in my previous Mustangs, and all with excellent results. No drone and the right sound.
YZFMax - I'm anxious to see what you think about it once installed - please post your thoughts.

Thanks for your time.

YZFMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2006 Mustang GT Vert
YZFMax - I'm anxious to see what you think about it once installed - please post your thoughts.

Thanks for your time.
Here is a great video with sound clips comparing stock to the touring axleback

[ame]

JM302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 - H5569 - Lightning Blue / white stripes
I just installed the FRPP / Borla Touring Quad tip exhaust a few weeks ago. I was more interested in the the look than I was concerned with an exact sound profile. I did however expect it to be mild as compared to other systems...

I must say, it's loud. Like really loud. A lot louder than I expected. Under 2k RPM it's mostly quiet. At 2.5k it perks up and by 3k it's screaming. It does not drone, at all.

For comparison, I recently took a ride in a 2016 with a Roush Supercharger, Long Tubes, resonator delete, and stock mufflers....That was the moment I realized how much cabin noise the Borla created.

It's worth it, I absolutely love the look and I'd buy it again. Once I get my LT's, I will likely have to get the Borla resonator to keep it tolerable.

Tomorrow I'll be driving the car from Charlotte area to Raleigh. First time I'm taking a longish trip with the car since the exhaust upgrade. I'm interested to see how I deal with a constant 2.2kRPM on the interstate.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I have a long commute twice a week and personally opted for the Corsa Sport. As far as drone goes, there is none. With the windows down, it's loud when you want it to be (heavy on the go fast pedal). When you are at steady state cruising, it's quiet. With the windows up, everything gets muted. At 2000 RPM on the highway, the exhaust cannot be heard. IMHO, the sport gave me the best of both worlds. It can be both quiet and loud.

If you purchase the catback, it will allow you to remove the entire exhaust in one fail swoop. No cutting required. At the very least, this will enable you to put the stock exhaust back on if you ever feel the need, or will allow you to easily swap to another catback.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I have the FRPP Touring axle back (stock resonator) and love it.

The noise level is barely perceptibly louder at highway speeds, in my opinion. Nice sound when the car winds out, or at part throttle.

I think this setup should have been OEM....
Sponsored