Sponsored

Front windscreen sunshade Australia

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Has anybody tried this sunshade from Supercheap ? It’s only 12 bucks so I probably get it anyway , but I’m just wondering what have you Aussies bought . Im especially interested in the fitment of 18+ models since I have a My20 but happy to hear all your recommendations and experiences.
873C69E1-E163-40BE-8C05-313288D61A16.png
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Has anybody tried this sunshade from Supercheap ? It’s only 12 bucks so I probably get it anyway , but I’m just wondering what have you Aussies bought . Im especially interested in the fitment of 18+ models since I have a My20 but happy to hear all your recommendations and experiences.
873C69E1-E163-40BE-8C05-313288D61A16.png
Hi. I got this one https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pr...ed-uvs100-premier-series-custom-sunscreen.UFP from the Ford dealer that sold me my car. I mentioned to the spare parts guy that I had bought there and he gave it to me at cost price. Still exy but very good screen. Semi rigid so it does not buckle and drop like some of the cheap ones. Folds up easily and comes with a storage bag. The top cutout allows for the rear view mirror and my cam. Looks good as well. Don't make my mistake by leaving it behind the passenger seat and then squashing it when the front seat is slid back.
I have also found Supercheap do good deals on Covercraft stuff. You just have to order it in. Way cheaper then the RRP. I got a car cover there for the Mustang.

OP
OP
xSouthSyde

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
I just picked up the one from Supercheap. It was the last one in stock in that store so I guess they are pretty popular. The fitment is not perfect but I can’t complain at all for the price paid. It does have a cut out for the mirror/cam but the edges do hit my tweeter in the My20 GT.
Overall I think it’s a win.
54DA27FB-DE71-4A13-9DA4-75E82C4A2AEA.jpeg

You can see on the edge of the sunshade where it hits the tweeter but that’s not big deal to me.

OP
OP
xSouthSyde

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Hi. I got this one https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pr...ed-uvs100-premier-series-custom-sunscreen.UFP from the Ford dealer that sold me my car. I mentioned to the spare parts guy that I had bought there and he gave it to me at cost price. Still exy but very good screen. Semi rigid so it does not buckle and drop like some of the cheap ones. Folds up easily and comes with a storage bag. The top cutout allows for the rear view mirror and my cam. Looks good as well. Don't make my mistake by leaving it behind the passenger seat and then squashing it when the front seat is slid back.
I have also found Supercheap do good deals on Covercraft stuff. You just have to order it in. Way cheaper then the RRP. I got a car cover there for the Mustang.
Does this model have some sort of cutout that fits around the moulded tweeter? Because the fit looks very snug in their picture

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Does this model have some sort of cutout that fits around the moulded tweeter? Because the fit looks very snug in their picture
No need as it fits the screen perfectly.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Yeah I have a covercraft as well, the most expensive sun shade I have ever purchased but it worth it. Nearly 4 years later and as good as the day I got it, looks great, good quality,fit and finish and great 4 keeping our Australian harsh sun away
20200801_212621.jpg

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
I barely ever leave the car sitting in the sun for any length of time, but I couldn't resist buying a shade anyway for that cheap price! It fits pretty well.

Unfortunately this is the closest that the pony will get to seeing any daylight for the next six weeks with this lockdown :-(

I hope the battery last that long. Four weeks is the longest it has ever gone without being started.

August%202020%20sunshade.jpg

Anyway, glad to support Supercheap Auto, sponsor of the Jack Le Brocq Tickford Racing Mustang.

lebrocqlifeqanda-1200x821.png

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I barely ever leave the car sitting in the sun for any length of time, but I couldn't resist buying a shade anyway for that cheap price! It fits pretty well.

Unfortunately this is the closest that the pony will get to seeing any daylight for the next six weeks with this lockdown :-(

I hope the battery last that long. Four weeks is the longest it has ever gone without being started.

lebrocqlifeqanda-1200x821.png
If it were me, I would be starting it up in garage every now and then, with a few cheeky revs to satisfy my rev head heart. Hold tight, won't be long before we can drive again.

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
I have a Covercraft shade for my other Ford that cruelly has to sit outside 24/7. It certainly is a more precise fit and very quick to put in place, but bulky to store within the car when in transit.

I find it is developing a bow (caving in towards the dash), so in winter I fit it ‘back to front’ (silver side facing down towards the dash, which straightens the bow out, ready for the summer onslaught.
Sponsored