Sponsored

Bullitt owners in Australia- front strut tower brace.

Thebozman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Higland Green
I have a question for fellow Bullitt owner how here in Oz. I have had my Mustang for a month or so and the other day I popped the hood to admire the lovely V8 motor and noticed a very odd thing. There was NO beautiful strut tower brace finisilver in silver with “Bullitt” written across it as per the USA models I have seen pictures of a numerous You tube videos. Is this common for Australian spec Bullitts?? Or do I have a problem? Being a Performance edition. I will be going back to my dealer for a please explain. I certain it was not an option!,, either to select or delete.
Sponsored

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
Aussie cars don’t get the strut brace, but they’re readily available for around $A525. Check out Mustang Motorsport’s site

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I imported mine from Levittown Ford which has got a lot of good comments here over the years.
They made it real simple

OP
OP

Thebozman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback I will look into buying one. Is the one from Mustang Motorsport. the original look or after market, or is it best to go through Levittown? I’m trying to locate a Mustang PP2 rear spoiler through them also.

Sponsored

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
Thanks for the feedback I will look into buying one. Is the one from Mustang Motorsport. the original look or after market, or is it best to go through Levittown? I’m trying to locate a Mustang PP2 rear spoiler through them also.
The one from Mustang Motorsport (located in Melbourne) is the original Ford unit, they are actually the same ones fitted to the US cars. They modify them very slightly to fit the rhd versions

OP
OP

Thebozman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
This is awesome news, the under bonnet view looks naked without the “Bullitt” strut tower brace!!!! I will look them up and get one installed. Thanks again fellow ‘sang owners in such a short time the network has been fantastic.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Happy to help, that's what this forum is all about
All the best

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Insurance claims from whom?
A pedestrian with a broken back who goes over your bonnet, your car insurers over a claim or warranty issues?

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Yup, pedestrians. My old insurance company, that I'm obviously not with anymore, said any modifications to the car may prevent them from paying.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
I understand the absence of the tower brace in all the export Bullitts is due to concern for pedestrians but am not sure where the concerns come from OZ or the UK
If it was OZ then you may have a larger issue.
Do any other imports from Europe have equivalent braces in OZ as that would strengthen your case
The Fun Police are everywhere!!

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
I don't understand how a strut tower brace inside the engine bay can impact pedestrian safety. They bloody thing is under the bonnet. Surely if a pedestrian was to be hit from the front end they would roll up over the bonnet ?

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Probably lessens the space for the bonnet to collapse into, should someone drop onto it, after being hit. Aussie delivered cars have the bonnet pop-up to cushion pedestrian impacts, hence the bonnet gas-lift struts are not recommended by Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited: