W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if there are any front struts available without the spring perches? I have been struggling for years trying to get my S550 lowered properly in a fashion where the left and right are even and the front is just a tad lower than the back. After struggling with one particular brand of springs and spacers I finally gave up and purchased a coilover conversion kit from Ground Control. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until I got everything together that you can't get the full drop on the front without cutting off the spring perches from the front struts (GC's instructions are almost non-existent, which is a story for another thread).

Anyway, today I took apart my front suspension for the 4th time (I'm getting really tired of this) with the intention of cutting off my struts' spring perches with a cut off wheel. Unfortunately, there are two issues: 1) the section of the spring perch closest to the sway bar link mount is so close that it's almost impossible to get the cutoff wheel in there and 2) the welds penetrated much deeper into the strut body than I realized. I tried my best not to cut into the strut body, but I've basically ruined the first strut that I tried modifying, and I see no hope that I can remove the spring perch from the 2nd without destroying it, as well.

So anyway, at this point I need to buy new struts just to get my car back together. However, I would like to find something that is set up for a coilover style setup (with no spring perches) so that I can properly use this coilover conversion kit. I haven't been able to find anything yet (except for a full coilover conversion kit - which I probably should have gone with in the first place), but maybe I missed something? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
You might call Steeda or whatever brand you want to use and ask for a set without mounts.

I think Steeda makes them in house so it might be possible through them

OP
OP
HappySquirrel

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
You might call Steeda or whatever brand you want to use and ask for a set without mounts.

I think Steeda makes them in house so it might be possible through them
Good idea. I'll try that. Thanks.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Richard,

Please call and ask for Rodney - he should be able to assist you with the proper set-up & possibly your aforementioned request. He can be reached at 1800 950 0774.

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored