Front License Plate

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I loath the idea of drilling a hole in my bumper because in NYS, a front license plate is required. I have been researching options. There is the STO and SHO and there is mounting a bracket to the tow hook (assuming that there really is one).

For either option, I would need the female thread size for the hook mount and either a known STO and SHO part number for the Mach 1 or the distance from the splitter center mounting screw to the lip of the splitter.

Anyone that has the non HP version, could help with this.

Any numbers or ideas?

Thanks.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
There is also Craigs Custom bracket. It sticks onto the underside lip of the bumper with VHB and you can unscrew the mounting bracket portion with a thumb screw. I have had one for over a year and it's solid and clean. It should fit the Mach 1 no problem. I don't believe Ford changed the bumper cover in this area. https://ccmustangbrackets.com/product/2015-mustang-bracket/

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
There is also Craigs Custom bracket. It sticks onto the underside lip of the bumper with VHB and you can unscrew the mounting bracket portion with a thumb screw. I have had one for over a year and it's solid and clean. It should fit the Mach 1 no problem. I don't believe Ford changed the bumper cover in this area. https://ccmustangbrackets.com/product/2015-mustang-bracket/
I just worry that the distance from the screw to the plate differs and so that bracket won't line up. If someone took a ruler to a Mach 1 on this, we'd know. Also the STO and SHO would work, but the same question of distance from mounting screw to the front lip of the front spoiler.
Sponsored