Sponsored

Front Cover Gasket

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just had a front cover gasket replaced (all under warranty and very quickly by the dealership, kudos to Brandon Ford) but just seeing who has had a similar failure and what the experience was through their dealership experience?
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Just had a front cover gasket replaced (all under warranty and very quickly by the dealership, kudos to Brandon Ford) but just seeing who has had a similar failure and what the experience was through their dealership experience?
I had the same but it wasn't quick because of other work. I took the car in for the AC not working and that oil leak on the front cover. While they were working on it, they also found an oil leak to the turbo. I was without my car for 10 days, mostly because of having to order parts though. Dealer took care of all of it under warranty with no problems though.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
So I don't mean to revive an old-ish thread but I have the same issue and figured better to show I used the search function instead of just starting a new thread.

I was hoping to get a bit more information/further the discussion if needed as other search results just show everyone takes the car in and gets it fixed, The End.

First does anyone know what the fix exactly involves?

Has anyone had this reoccur after getting it fixed?

Are there any foreseeable issues to be on look out for after the repair, both in the short term and long term? My concern is minimal but my general thinking is that everything from the factory should be the best it can or ever would be. I know this is obviously a terrible generalization but it is where the root of this question comes from.

Is there anything else I should know about getting it warranty repaired or any part of the process? Just looking for advise from people with experience whether its specific or general.

Just as a side note for other people new to the warranty experience here what my first experience was: This is the first car I have ever had to bother with warranty or dealership service department. I just want to add this paragraph here for anyone else who is new to this experience also to hopefully help them. I had a terrible time trying to get an appointment with my local dealer but once I got in the door it has been much more pleasant. I was told when I scheduled the appointment I had to drop the car off and could not wait with it and also could not get a loaner car until the issue was fully diagnosed. As I have no other transportation I decided to just take the car in and wait with it regardless. The service adviser told me when I arrived there that it shouldn't be a problem and it turned out not to be. Then after about an hour they came and got me and told me they had found the problem but couldn't fix it today as their engine techs were booked up so I would have to schedule another appointment and it would require me leaving it over night but I could get a loaner car, so no problem. They said it was minor enough I could drive on it without issue in the meantime. I have that next appointment in a week and will update here if needed but I expect it to be easy-peasy.
Sponsored