Sponsored

FP Lowering Springs Full Install Video. Looks GREAT! GT350R Wing & Splitter Too.

Driveway Demons

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to share the the install of the lowering springs as well as GT350R splitter and Rear Wing! Lots of things coming for the car too.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Thanks for posting, ironically I just found your channel recently and have been enjoying your content. I am planning on installing BMR lowering springs (I prefer linear) and will use your video as a guide :)

OP
OP
Driveway Demons

Driveway Demons

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting, ironically I just found your channel recently and have been enjoying your content. I am planning on installing BMR lowering springs (I prefer linear) and will use your video as a guide :)
Thanks for watching bro! The FP springs are not progressive. They are almost identical to dual rate due to how they are setup. So they are 530 lb/inch but after about .5" travel they go stiffen up to 765 lb/in. They are similar to a dual rate what differentiates them from true progressive is that they jump from firm to stiffer quicker than a progressive spring. They are incredible.

The drop is amazing as well. I think that Steeda are ultimately the best springs besides the FP.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Thanks for watching bro! The FP springs are not progressive. They are almost identical to dual rate due to how they are setup. So they are 530 lb/inch but after about .5" travel they go stiffen up to 765 lb/in. They are similar to a dual rate what differentiates them from true progressive is that they jump from firm to stiffer quicker than a progressive spring. They are incredible.

The drop is amazing as well. I think that Steeda are ultimately the best springs besides the FP.
That's good info on the FP springs, I have always thought they were progressive. I am a big fan of BMR, but I may do some more research :)

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@Driveway Demons ...Corey...sorry man, but I'd like to add on a few things to your video. I have the Anderson R wing as well and it sounds like mine was delivered in the exact same condition as yours. Must be a trend, IDK. I absolutely agree with you that the wing most certainly should have been delivered in closer to a "perfect" condition regardless of price point, but you've embellished quite a bit. First off, Anderson did not screw you nor did they send you a damaged wing. Dislike it as we may, this is how they manufacture their carbon. You should update the title of your video for that, IMO. If it was truly damaged and/or you complained and they didn't make amends, then maybe you got screwed, but this doesn't sound to be the case. Also, "a complete nightmare to make it look perfect"?? Come on dude! It took a couple finessing passes with a good polish/pad combo and a finishing polish an the thing is perfect. Faaaar from a "nightmare". Also, I'll rewatch, but you reference the clear coat. This wing does not have a clear coat(ing) as with a typical painted surface. The wing is delivered in an as finished/manufactured resin. It's almost like a marine type resin with UV inhibitors. This product also off gasses a bit for several several days after production during the curing cycle, which BTW, explains both the dirt and the hazy appearance when first delivered. Yes, I agree, there should not be any sanding marks, but as you experienced, those also polished out quite well. If you go back over it again in the future, you'll find that the black on the pad most likely doesn't return. Hope this helps and hope your viewers don't get the wrong impression about the wing. You did sound more supportive than the title would lead one to believe.

Also a note for anyone starting with a normal Mustang trunk lid, or even an non R 350 lid...they will not have all those excess holes. Yes, you did explain that as far as your trunk lid goes. I drilled the two holes down the side as needed and those are the only holes in my trunk (an existing 350 lid would not have those starting out. Just another note you might add so that folks don't freak out about all those holes you ended up with.

If one were interested in a literal breathtaking perfect rendition of this wing, step on over to SpeedKore...but at almost 3X the price of this one...well...you can decide if a little polishing is worth it or not.

BMXhM+PbQRiU0tPReWXXFg.jpg
fullsizeoutput_51af.jpeg
Sponsored