Not open for further replies.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
That's a red herring. Learning to code is a way more viable skill. There's a reason Biden said we need to get rid of coal and oil; it's a failing industry. It's declining. We need to stop living in the past and get rid of our toxic dependent relationship with China. That starts with jobs at home. We need to stop cancerous fossil fuels.
I think you have forgotten or maybe you didnā€™t know that almost everything is made from oil. Plastic for your keyboards to code and since we have no plastic you canā€™t make IV bags or plastic tubing, no rubber hoses for cooling, no freon to cool your frig or the ac in your EV. This is just some examples of millions probably billions of things made from oil.

Oh and John Kerry doesnā€™t pay for his jet fuel anymore you the tax payer buys his fuel now.

The democrats and environmentalists destroyed nuclear power. When was the last time you heard of a nuclear power plant being built or even proposed?
Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I think you have forgotten or maybe you didnā€™t know that almost everything is made from oil. Plastic for your keyboards to code and since we have no plastic you canā€™t make IV bags or plastic tubing, no rubber hoses for cooling, no freon to cool your frig or the ac in your EV. This is just some examples of millions probably billions of things made from oil.

Oh and John Kerry doesnā€™t pay for his jet fuel anymore you the tax payer buys his fuel now.

The democrats and environmentalists destroyed nuclear power. When was the last time you heard of a nuclear power plant being built or even proposed?
this...times eleventy!

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Claims that bringing affordable home heat to the masses is "cancerous" is completely divorced from reality, and something I'd expect to hear from a 12 yr old girl. I'd love to see these big talkers walk the walk and boycott the "cancer" of fossil fuels so we never again have to see or hear them. But they won't because it's all just a virtue signaling pose. How do we charge these electric vehicles? Fossil fuels. How are solar panels made and shipped to the US from China? Fossil Fuels. While it may be true we're rapidly increasing the number of EV's, places like California are going to find themselves up shits creek if they don't make a serious investment into their power grid. How is a grid that can't keep up with today's demand going to avoid blackouts with the forthcoming increase in the number of EV's?

Transitioning to nuclear energy is the obvious, but never discussed, solution. Be nice to hear this from someone in a position of power.
CA Gov't don't care about its citizens.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Itā€™s sad so few people understand economics. Itā€™s not sexy but it canā€™t be cheated in the long term.

Oil is what made the world grow. At this piont there is no substitute thatā€™s economically viable. Oil is energy and we need cheap energy to keep this world working.
40FE1DE9-FC81-4D18-BB38-FF3CE55A6F46.png

Itā€™s estimated we have pumped about 500 billion man lives worth of energy out of the ground. Thatā€™s where the prosperity of the last 100 years came from. You can print money but you canā€™t print energy.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I'll have to switch to wood, coal or kerosene to heat my house.
Hello; I already have in place a wood/coal burner. I do use it a few times each winter during power outages or very cold spells. Not a bad plan, but not one which has gone unnoticed by those fighting against fossil fuels.
I have read of proposals to restrict the use of wood burning stoves. The reasons are basically the "pollution" from our stove pipes. I put "pollution" in quotes as wood smoke does have Co2 and some do look at it as a pollutant now. Sort of in a similar way water can be bad for us. That both Co2 and water are necessary for life is a known fact. The argument is they are problems when we have too much of either. True enough I suppose in that too much water can drown me the same as too much Co2 in a submarine can kill me.
It is easy to know when too much water is a real problem. You are drowning or in a flood. Co2 is harder to peg. I get the measures of PPM (parts per million) is the things used as the "signal" of too much carbon. If memory serves I think 350 ppm is the tipping point figure used.
Seems likely we humans are adding a layer of greenhouse gasses to the atmosphere on top of the natural sources of these gases.
Not clear if that human layer is truly more significant than the natural sources. Some are convinced it is and are not willing to hear different. Thing those true believers often do not mention is if we could somehow stop all human induced greenhouse gasses this moment, that the amount already in the air will be affecting things for decades to come.

Side note- sides have already been drawn in this thread. I went back to have a look at the vehicles listed as owned by members on this thread. I am curious how some on one side of the issue square have the vehicles owned with their viewpoints? Just asking.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Side note- sides have already been drawn in this thread. I went back to have a look at the vehicles listed as owned by members on this thread. I am curious how some on one side of the issue square have the vehicles owned with their viewpoints? Just asking.
Liberals/commies donā€™t have to square having carbon emitting vehicles themselves and their desire for you to walk everywhere. Rules for thee and not for me.

OP
OP
MIDLYFE

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Hello; I already have in place a wood/coal burner. I do use it a few times each winter during power outages or very cold spells. Not a bad plan, but not one which has gone unnoticed by those fighting against fossil fuels.
I have read of proposals to restrict the use of wood burning stoves. The reasons are basically the "pollution" from our stove pipes. I put "pollution" in quotes as wood smoke does have Co2 and some do look at it as a pollutant now. Sort of in a similar way water can be bad for us. That both Co2 and water are necessary for life is a known fact. The argument is they are problems when we have too much of either. True enough I suppose in that too much water can drown me the same as too much Co2 in a submarine can kill me.
It is easy to know when too much water is a real problem. You are drowning or in a flood. Co2 is harder to peg. I get the measures of PPM (parts per million) is the things used as the "signal" of too much carbon. If memory serves I think 350 ppm is the tipping point figure used.
Seems likely we humans are adding a layer of greenhouse gasses to the atmosphere on top of the natural sources of these gases.
Not clear if that human layer is truly more significant than the natural sources. Some are convinced it is and are not willing to hear different. Thing those true believers often do not mention is if we could somehow stop all human induced greenhouse gasses this moment, that the amount already in the air will be affecting things for decades to come.

John Kerry finds it quite easy to square his cruise ship, private jet and world class carbon footprint with million dollar trips to the bank.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
This thread is eye-rolling at best. Sorry guys, but accept it and move on. EV is absolutely the future - incredibly fast, great range, dropping prices, quick charging and very little maintenxe. Nobody is taking your V8's away, at least, not yet MUAHAHA.

Not if you don't have the infrastructure to support it like here in Ca. We barely keep the lights on now.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Not if you don't have the infrastructure to support it like here in Ca. We barely keep the lights on now.
I donā€™t see nearly enough people talking about this problem. Will be interesting to see how the power grid handles millions more electric cars lol

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
There's a reason Pennzoil sold themselves to Europe, American car tires sold to Bridgestone (Japan), and China buys Texas crude oil companies. We need to move to renewable energy resources. Could you imagine if oil derrick workers and coal miners learned to code? We'd be energy independent and unemployment decreases. Why is that bad?
Letā€™s live in a world that runs off of code. We can power all our homes and vehicles with code. We can power farmers equipment with code. GTFOH! Letā€™s hear your idea of renewable energy? EV vehicles are powered by what? Hint itā€™s not unicorn farts. Itā€™s electricity. Now whatā€™s that made with? Nobody even talks about disposal of the batteries once they wear out? All Green energy does is move the pollution from tail pipes to power plant smoke stacks and land fills. Maybe while youā€™re thinking about how clean this renewable energy will actually be? You can hire an army of coders to build all the infrastructure that will be required for all the EV or hydrogen powered cars that will be mandated in the next 5 years.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This thread is eye-rolling at best. Sorry guys, but accept it and move on. EV is absolutely the future - incredibly fast, great range, dropping prices, quick charging and very little maintenxe. Nobody is taking your V8's away, at least, not yet MUAHAHA.
You voted for Murphy huh?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
You can print money but you canā€™t print energy.
Bravo. I will remember this quote. BTW, reminds of the scene from the original Star Trek series, episode ā€œWho Mourns For Adonais,ā€ confronting the episodeā€™s antagonist, Apollo...

CHEKOV: Whatever he is, he seems to control a remarkable technology.
SCOTT: Power is what he controls. You can't do tricks like that without energy.
KIRK: Fine, but what power, and where is it? Scout around with your tricorders. Find the source of that power.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
QUOTE="NoVaGT, post: 3146167, member: 26661"]
Plenty of people here drink the Koolaid and think EVs are the future.

You can't fight people's perceptions. They see and hear what they want to. Everyone has their own particular set of blinders on, their own perception of reality.

The dissonance will eventually hit them.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think EV's are such a terrible thing. I personally don't see why people hate them so much. I for one don't think we need to phase out traditional gasoline and diesel powered vehicles, but at some point we are going to have to face the fact that they are coming.

Love it or hate it the new Tesla Model S at 70k does 0-60 in the low 3 second range, and will run a 10.90 - the Plaid is faster around Laguna Seca than virtually any production car (Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche) and does almost a 8 second 1/4 mile. It also has over 450 mile range. Costs 100k

I think the more people perfect the batteries, charging, and the logistics it will make for a very exciting performance industry. My biggest draw back is there is a very limited setup for fast charging as of right now. Tesla has the ability on properly equipped vehicles to "fast" charge a dead battery to 80% in 30 minutes.

Until we have fast charging stations abundantly like gas stations I believe the EV future is a long way off from phasing the gas vehicle out. Which I also feel will eventually happen.

Perception is reality, but what is fact and not perception is EV's have shown more performance potential far more in the past decade than most thought they could.

I am not afraid of EV's at all - I say bring them on. I'd love to have a car than can go 0-60 in 2.2 seconds, run a low 9 second 1/4 mile and load the kids in. Tesla makes one UGLY car but if Ford offered a S550 with that performance in EV I guarantee they would sell like crazy.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Agree - they are coming and I can not WAIT! Do I car if people have gasoline powered cars - hell no. Would I purchase a EV like the Tesla Plaid and be able to blow virtually any cars doors off on the street - and laugh to myself because their 900whp car just got mopped up by a sedan lol HELL YES I WOULD.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.