Forscan Question

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I've been reading posts about using Forscan to disable EQ so I bought an OBDlink MX+ bluetooth dongle and downloaded the lite app. I haven't had a chance to give it a go yet but was reading the Android Lite instructions and they don't mention backup or configuration changes. Can I actually make configuration changes with this or have I been led astray? I'm thinking I need the Windows app and the OBDlink EX dongle now. There are so many posts that just mention Forscan without any details. Maybe I goofed. I will now continue reading up :)
Sponsored

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP w/Handling Package, 2004 Boxster S, 2013 Jeep JK,
Vehicle Showcase
The MX+ will work fine but to make changes you can't use Forscan Lite, you must register for the regular version to make changes.

OP
OP

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thanks. I am downloading the Windows app - free trial license to my laptop as we speak. It looks like the free version doesn't allow config changes. I only wasted $8 on the IOS version. :)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
yeah you need the PC version, but its free, just a bit of a strange process to get the key.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I just bought the extended version instead of waiting to get the free version. Fingers crossed on getting the Bluetooth working

OP
OP

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
OK now the Windows app doesn't see the MX+ (no ELM found) . The little MX+ button is pressed and the little blue light is flashing fast. I'm reading all the posts about this problem now. This should be fun :curse:

Edit: I guess it helps to go to Devices and add the MX+ as a Bluetooth device (listed as Other) after pressing the little button and before starting the Forscan app. By the way, the connection was listed as COM and not Bluetooth. Hopefully someone finds this helpful in the future.
Sponsored

Last edited: