Forgeline carbon barrel wheels

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I'm not trying to attack you personally and I apologize if I came off that way. I just was trying to understand whether there was actual test data out there comparing the two wheel construction types. :cheers:
No worries, I didn't think that. No need to apologize, though kind of you. From what I understand CarbonRevolution does have such data and used it when optimizing theirs, but I don't know if it'll become public.
Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
@Just because a company makes a race-oriented wheel doesn't mean that all their wheels are therefore race-oriented. It's pretty clear from the design of the front face that this series is more aesthetic-oriented.

True, but did you watch the video? They've been working on the development and testing of the carbon barrel for 3 years. The CF201 spoke design is identical to the VX1 which "utilizes manufacturing technology similar to our very successful GA1R (motorsport) wheel". The CF202 is the more 'aesthetic-oriented' design -as you put it.

FWIW, while monoblock wheels are generally better, there are still many professional prototypes and GT race cars that are still using 3pc wheels, and they have their place and advantages/disadvantages.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Everyone talking about the production of the GT350R carbon wheels?

I bet they use them or at least an option for them on the GT500 too.
I hope Ford uses carbon fiber wheels on the GT500 as well. I also hope they are a new design with improved aesthetics. I wouldn't mind if they are identical to the GT350R wheels, though. I'd like to see prices come down over time as more of the wheels are made.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I think you'll see more and more carbon wheels in the coming future. More demand = advances in production = lower cost. The tech is still in it's infancy.
Sponsored