Ford updated my order status!

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I ordered a new Mustang GT convertible on February 15, 2022 through Chapman, and received the acknowledgement from Ford shortly thereafter.

Then came some of those "sorry, we're delayed" emails.

In April I said "enough!" and bought a car locally out of dealer stock, for a little bit more money, but I've been driving it now for 4 months.

Yesterday I received an email from Ford telling me, again, that my order is still delayed. LOL, I had forgotten about it, and figured that the dealer converted it to a dealer car instead of a customer order.

So I guess buying the yellow one was an even smarter move than I thought back then. At this rate, that ordered car might be a 2024 model...

And I'm getting used to the yellow. The ordered car was black, but otherwise identical in options.

Best of luck to all of you guys and gals still waiting on your car.
Sponsored

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y
Ford's scheduling system basically is a joke.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
I basically did the same thing, only I got my dealer stock GT for a bit less than my reservation (lol)

I know it's not just Ford, and it's not just cars, but boy it was frustrating having a reservation in Canada, we don't even get status emails (maybe it was just my crappy dealer)

SloWay2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Vert
I ordered 6/8 and it’s been crickets so I bought my identical car except for the safe/smart package but a 2019 with 14k on miles. Just got it home today…awesome.
Sponsored