• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
After spending a ton of wheel time in my buddy’s NSX … electric motors at the front and twin turbo 6 at the back…

I will say that could be the Mustang that might get me to move into an S650 if they built a high performance V8 electric hybrid and kept the weight reasonable … he also has a Huracan Technica but loves the experience in the NSX so much he just sold it and picked up an NSX type S to go with his Huracan ..
1208.jpeg
For some reason I had the impression that the latest NSX was a sales failure. Not sure why.

Remember that adding more stuff to a car is absolutely going to make it more expensive and heavy. There's a DH for sale locally for $80+ thousand. Are you ready for a $100,000 and 4,500 lb Mustang?
Sponsored

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
For some reason I had the impression that the latest NSX was a sales failure. Not sure why.

Remember that adding more stuff to a car is absolutely going to make it more expensive and heavy. There's a DH for sale locally for $80+ thousand. Are you ready for a $100,000 and 4,500 lb Mustang?

Unfortunately the new NSX suffered from the same fate in a way as the S650....

The traditionalists dont like the screens on the S650 ...... and they didnt like the electric hybrid set up on the new NSX....so they never sold that well.... that being said they are a pretty amazing experience ....but they definitely need downpipes and exhaust....between the pull of the electric motors- the turbos spooling - its a fun time... extremely confident in the corners.....you have to be REALLY dumb to get it out of shape.... When my buddy was shopping he went to Speed Vegas to drive all the different cars - and then after he asked the employees which car they would choose as a car to track/ put miles on and the majority of them actually said they would take the NSX at the time...

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Today's Mustang is a basic RWD Pony car, relatively cheap HP and almost a nostalgia play compared to other (admittedly more costly) modern platform vehicles. I Know some S550/650 builds can be pretty good drag or even track cars, but other than funding yet another meathead-hosted YouTube channel, I don't personally get the point. An AWD (or EV/PHEV/HEV/diesel??) based on the S650 would be a compromise design at best. They may do something bold, but I wouldn't buy one in a million years. If I am buying an EV or AWD car, it would be one designed from the ground up as such.

If I wanted refinement, I'd buy another German or maybe Japanese car. I just wanted one last V8/manual/convertible. If I was willing to do with just 2 out of 3 of those things I wouldn't buy a Mustang.

I suspect the green cover is more than a trendy color choice. Maybe hydrogen power....

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I wonder if we'll ever see the return of the Voodoo again, or even get a flat-plane Coyote engine for the S650...

Also, I wonder if the new addition to the Mustang stable is something like the Supervan 4.2, sleek but more practical for hauling lots of passengers---the Mach-V! 🥵

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I wonder if we'll ever see the return of the Voodoo again, or even get a flat-plane Coyote engine for the S650...

Also, I wonder if the new addition to the Mustang stable is something like the Supervan 4.2, sleek but more practical for hauling lots of passengers---the Mach-V! 🥵
The plant where the VooDoo and other engines were built (whatever was in the Raptor at one time too maybe?) closed shop in late 2022. Sure, they could build it anywhere...but seem to be moving on from specialty V8's.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
The plant where the VooDoo and other engines were built (whatever was in the Raptor at one time too maybe?) closed shop in late 2022. Sure, they could build it anywhere...but seem to be moving on from specialty V8's.
That's unfortunate. Back to speculation then...

...how would one go about trying to render an image of the S650 fastback as a more traditional coupe? (And not just a hardtop version of the convertible, for more innovation points.)

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
The OG NSX wasn’t a big seller… that’s why they’re sought after and expensive AF now…

these new gens likely end up similar.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Unfortunately the new NSX suffered from the same fate in a way as the S650....

The traditionalists dont like the screens on the S650 ...... and they didnt like the electric hybrid set up on the new NSX....so they never sold that well.... that being said they are a pretty amazing experience ....but they definitely need downpipes and exhaust....between the pull of the electric motors- the turbos spooling - its a fun time... extremely confident in the corners.....you have to be REALLY dumb to get it out of shape.... When my buddy was shopping he went to Speed Vegas to drive all the different cars - and then after he asked the employees which car they would choose as a car to track/ put miles on and the majority of them actually said they would take the NSX at the time...
I think that’s only part of the story. At the nsx price, it’s competing with more impressive vehicles. They really should drop the price.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I think that’s only part of the story. At the nsx price, it’s competing with more impressive vehicles. They really should drop the price.
They don't make a dime on that car and didn't care how many they sell...until low sales became a headline. It's a marketing expense.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
They don't make a dime on that car and didn't care how many they sell...until low sales became a headline. It's a marketing expense.
The car itself isn’t made with any crazy tech to cost that much. It’s due to its limited production nature, so that fact that it may or may not be profitable is irrelevant.

the car doesn’t sell. There are two reasons:
1) limited production.
2) too expensive for what it is.

Profitability on this car has nothing to do with how it’s built or how good it is or isn’t. It has to do with the costs to take any vehicle from start to finish and then sell it. You need an economy of scale to make money since startup anmd setup costs eat everything.

it would cost nearly the same price for an Accord to sell that few units.

the nsx just costs too much for what it is. In that price territory, there are better cars. It just can’t compete. So it doesn’t sell.

of course there is the halo effect for a brand. But when your halo can’t even sell its limited production numbers and gets beat by cars in its price range, I’m not sure that’s much of a halo.

it’s a great car. Just needs to be lower in price to reflect what it really is.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
"So while the end result is extremely cool, it's not exactly something he thinks can be easily replicated."
no in a DIY sense. Or even an aftermarket one. Of course not.

considering he had to source parts from different automakers which aren’t precision fit nor meant to handle such power…

but for Ford to do this? Cake.
Ford can design the parts, ensure synergy, and boom. AWD Mustang thst addresses the only real drawback with any v8 powered Mustang since…ever.
It’s all if they want to. That’s the only barrier
Sponsored