• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Could this while Mustang Stable thing be them giving the Mustang its own brand, kinda like what Dodge did with Ram.
could be a sneaky way to try and reintroduce the car segment back to the US. That being said Ford, if you do bring back 4 door cars, i dont want a shitty fusion or Taurus. if its to be 4 doors and labeled as a "mustang" then by god give us the Falcon and the Barra and well call it even.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
This could be far off, but Ford had discontinued making any other cars other than the Mustang correct? They’re focusing on Trucks and SUV’s so perhaps this is another Hybrid Performance Sports Sedan or Crossover vehicle that’s a Hybrid Performance Vehicle. The whole “Mustang Stable” comment makes it confusing and unclear but this is a far stretch for what I’m saying/suggesting. 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
Stables aren’t normally known to contain birds, especially if they are carnivorous.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Does anyone else find it odd that Ford is introducing new variants so quickly as well? We've had the s650 for what? A little over a year. In that time, we've gotten the Ecoboost, gt, basically the gt350 and mach 1 replacement with the dark horse, the California and 60th anniversary special editions, and the GTD. They're really burning though these product releases, a really odd choice if we've already shown the best mustang variants they have planned.

If the GTD was the most exotic and radical mustang they had in mind, it makes you wonder why they revealed it so early. The s550 gt 500 was the peak for that era of mustang, we didn't get it until the end of the s550's production run. We're getting the GTD right away. If that was the highest they were gonna climb, you think they would have held off on revealing it for a few years.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Does anyone else find it odd that Ford is introducing new variants so quickly as well? We've had the s650 for what? A little over a year. In that time, we've gotten the Ecoboost, gt, basically the gt350 and mach 1 replacement with the dark horse, the California and 60th anniversary special editions, and the GTD. They're really burning though these product releases, a really odd choice if we've already shown the best mustang variants they have planned.

If the GTD was the most exotic and radical mustang they had in mind, it makes you wonder why they revealed it so early. The s550 gt 500 was the peak for that era of mustang, we didn't get it until the end of the s550's production run. We're getting the GTD right away. If that was the highest they were gonna climb, you think they would have held off on revealing it for a few years.
Understand, but do we really want to call the GTD a Mustang variant any more than we would the Mach E? The California Special is a long standing appearance package option, not what I'd mention in the same sentence as the Dark Horse. I haven't looked close at the 60th but isn't it just a limited edition appearance package option as well?

Rolling out an appearance option isn't exactly rocket surgery.

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
could be a sneaky way to try and reintroduce the car segment back to the US. That being said Ford, if you do bring back 4 door cars, i dont want a shitty fusion or Taurus. if its to be 4 doors and labeled as a "mustang" then by god give us the Falcon and the Barra and well call it even.
If they ever bring back a 4 door V8/V6 sports sedan they should call it a Falcon. That’s essentially what a 4 door Mustang was for awhile and it was legendary over there in Australia

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Motor1 apparently saw the original filename of the photo as something RTR related. Hopefully that's a red herring as well...
https://www.motor1.com/news/716802/photo-file-mustang-rtr-teaser/

Almost like a confirmation...

RTR Stage 3...

I do believe that we'll not get another Shelby branded car but RTR would be super lame to me...
Like their style or not, it is very obvious that Ford has quite a strong connection to RTR at least at the moment but I would hope for a more unique name...

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
https://www.motor1.com/news/716802/photo-file-mustang-rtr-teaser/

Almost like a confirmation...

RTR Stage 3...

I do believe that we'll not get another Shelby branded car but RTR would be super lame to me...
Like their style or not, it is very obvious that Ford has quite a strong connection to RTR at least at the moment but I would hope for a more unique name...
I highly doubt this is related to RTR. Hyping up a third party body kit would be insane.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I know the tarp makes the car look different, but as has been noted above, it's S650 variant with a large spoiler, and possibly flared wheel arches.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I highly doubt this is related to RTR. Hyping up a third party body kit would be insane.
while i agree its probably not RTR, if it were it wouldnt exaclty be crazy, Vaughn Gittin Jr. and his company have a long history with Ford, particularly in the Motorsports and aftermarket modification segment. They also directly assisted in the R&D and publicity push for the S650. Hes basically this generations Caroll Shelby.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
If they ever bring back a 4 door V8/V6 sports sedan they should call it a Falcon. That’s essentially what a 4 door Mustang was for awhile and it was legendary over there in Australia
No hyperbole, I would buy a V8 Falcon in a heartbeat if I enjoyed its driving dynamics as much or more than a GT...again, provided I can afford it. 😅

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
while i agree its probably not RTR, if it were it wouldnt exaclty be crazy, Vaughn Gittin Jr. and his company have a long history with Ford, particularly in the Motorsports and aftermarket modification segment. They also directly assisted in the R&D and publicity push for the S650. Hes basically this generations Caroll Shelby.
I like RTR but I don’t know about that. Lol

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like RTR but I don’t know about that. Lol
why not?

they both are renowned racing drivers, Shelby won LeMans, Gittin is a two time FD champion
they both started a company originally focused on modifying sports cars, Shelby with AC Ace into the AC Cobra and later Ford with the GT350, Gittin with Ford with the RTR Spec 3 and later the RTR Spec 5
they both had a hand in the direction of the Mustang brand, Shelby with the GT350/500 and Gittin with the RTR FD Spec 5 influencing the S650s drift brake, appearance, and probably more in the future.

Shelby has time over Gittin, but Gittin has the advantage of still being alive to build his brands reputation on.

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
why not?

they both are renowned racing drivers, Shelby won LeMans, Gittin is a two time FD champion
they both started a company originally focused on modifying sports cars, Shelby with AC Ace into the AC Cobra and later Ford with the GT350, Gittin with Ford with the RTR Spec 3 and later the RTR Spec 5
they both had a hand in the direction of the Mustang brand, Shelby with the GT350/500 and Gittin with the RTR FD Spec 5 influencing the S650s drift brake, appearance, and probably more in the future.

Shelby has time over Gittin, but Gittin has the advantage of still being alive to build his brands reputation on.
I see your point but Carroll himself arguably helped established what the performance Mustang is, then you got Le Mans (winning it and helping Ford eventually win), giving input on production cars etc. He essentially created the whole third party Mustang thing too.

RTR to me is more of a lifestyle brand. All the packages are similar to other third party companies besides the more Japanese style/drift widebody. Saleen, Roush and Steeda all had a similar formula first while even having input on Ford production in some form.

I like RTR a lot though because Vaughn feels more like us and he blends the Motorsport world in ways. I agree he still has more time to push the envelope further.
Sponsored