Sponsored

Ford SurfaceCare

SumBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Cruze
I tired the search feature but no luck so far.

Has anyone had any experience with the Ford SurfaceCare coating for the interior or exterir of the car.

Exterior protection claims:

Weather induced fading
loss of gloss
hard water etching
industrial fallout
bird droppings
acid rain
paint overspray
tree sap
road salt
de-icing agents

Interior protection claims

Food/drink stains
oil based stains
UV induced fading
blood or vomit
chewing gum
inks/dyes
lipstick/makeup
crayons
pet stains

It also states its available in terms of 2-7 years, unlimited miles, rental car imbursement, transferable for a fee. I asked the finance manager who was trying to upsell it along with the 84 month maintenance plana, ziebart rust proofing, allstate complete protection. He said the coatings doesnt need to be reapplied but they do sell a touch up kit for people who need paint correction.

The coating costs $599.

My girlfriend is picking up her '17 Explorer XLT with black leather on Thursday and we need to let them know by tomorrow if we want the coating applied. there aren't any reviews revealed in a google search to read either.

Does anyone have any experience with the coating?
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Scotchguard for the fabric and wax for the paint.

OP
OP

SumBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Cruze
the brochure says it is a nano coating for the exterior paint. i highly doubt she will want it and i figure there are other coatings if we decide to do it later on but i wanted to give it a shot on trying to find someone with any experience with it.

The weird part to me is that dont seem to do any paint correction other than just a wash and then clay towel before application.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
can anyone recommend something i can apply to the paint under the door handles to protect the paint from any scratches by people's nails when grabbing the handles?

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
can anyone recommend something i can apply to the paint under the door handles to protect the paint from any scratches by people's nails when grabbing the handles?
First, you need to follow a simple rule I have: you scratch the paint on my car you ain't riding in my car no more. Second, nobody's nails should be able to scratch the paint unless they're sharpened for some sort of kinky fetish. Third, we're a civilized society, reach in from the top of the handle and open the door (I do this specifically because I can see exactly where my hand is going so there are no fingerprints/skin-oil smudges on the paint). Fourth, if it's really that bad, put a thin layer of something like an acrylic edge sealer where the scratch marks occur. If it's the paint underneath the actual door handles you can just slap some on and nobody will notice it. If it's the paint on the door frame, either that or some thin clear vinyl.

For the OP...I wouldn't touch anything a dealer is offering. They'd probably wash it first, scratch the hell out of it and then coat over it. And the interior is simple enough to do yourself.

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack
Save the $600 and just get it professionally polished/waxed every 6 months. Cleaning the interior is easy enough to do yourself. I wouldn't purchase any kind of interior or exterior protection from a dealership.

OP
OP

SumBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Cruze
Save the $600 and just get it professionally polished/waxed every 6 months. Cleaning the interior is easy enough to do yourself. I wouldn't purchase any kind of interior or exterior protection from a dealership.
I agree with you and that is what ill be doing. I really just wanted to see if anyone has used it since it only came out in the last year or so.So detailing and potentially a full front end PPF and then ill be detailing it myself. I love Adam's Polishes and Optimum products
Sponsored