Vehicle Showcase

Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery
I ordered a Firebird in 1994. I negotiated with the dealer and got a contract in hand with an agreed-upon price before I put down a deposit.

When I bought my 2019 GT350, I assumed an order that the dealer had already placed and the car was 2 months from being delivered. Again, I had an agreed-upon contracted price before I gave them my deposit.

Are the deposits for the Mach-E not associated with a firm purchase contract? Is it just a placeholder in line? How much $ are folks putting down for a deposit?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I ordered a Firebird in 1994. I negotiated with the dealer and got a contract in hand with an agreed-upon price before I put down a deposit.

When I bought my 2019 GT350, I assumed an order that the dealer had already placed and the car was 2 months from being delivered. Again, I had an agreed-upon contracted price before I gave them my deposit.

Are the deposits for the Mach-E not associated with a firm purchase contract? Is it just a placeholder in line? How much $ are folks putting down for a deposit?
Yes it was only a reservation, not a purchase agreement. I believe it was $1000.