UnderTheRadar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost 6MT
Hey guys,

First post here. I apologize if it's been addressed before. Basically, I've done every available bolt-on short of a big turbo kit, and I'm thinking of doing Ford Racing cams next. Anyone do this mod and have any sound clips/thoughts?

-Jay
Sponsored

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
this has been done but i dont think there were any great gains to support the price

OP
OP
UnderTheRadar

UnderTheRadar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Really? That's a shame. I'm mainly looking for a sound improvement in an uneven idle....more than just power concerns. Are any of the shops doing any custom grinds on these cams?

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
You want a sound clip go start your car and listen because its not going to sound any different. It was a waste of time for me and a lot of work for an engine that uses special tools "some i made" and a tough procedure. 5hp gain is not worth the time and effort of cracking open your factory sealed engine. Seriously dont bother . :frusty::frusty:

Sponsored

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
im sure you could reach out to one of them for a custom regrind if you really wanted. so far i think the only one to get that "lope" sound or anything close to it was/is adams casper cam and lund with their ghost cam tune. If your dead set on getting that sound lund would be your best option right now

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
You want a sound clip go start your car and listen because its not going to sound any different. It was a waste of time for me and a lot of work for an engine that uses special tools "some i made" and a tough procedure. 5hp gain is not worth the time and effort of cracking open your factory sealed engine. Seriously dont bother . :frusty::frusty:
did it move your powerband at all? top end low end midrange?

OP
OP
UnderTheRadar

UnderTheRadar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Ugh.... I would never do a "cam tune." Sounds like everyone here is a proponent of a big turbo kit. I was trying to avoid that. Sounds like there are too many fuel/block/internal restrictions to hit strong numbers in those turbo kits....at least more $ than I'm willing.

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Nope , i even sent a WTF email to the ford racing tech dept because the ad said aggressive sound ? There reply was " we will look in to it " that was a month ago :rant::rant:

OP
OP
UnderTheRadar

UnderTheRadar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
I'm really looking for stronger sound. With catless turboback, CAI/BOV, I am still disappointed with the sound. I've heard a lot of strong sounding cammed Evo/STi's. Surely these big shops realize a lot of guys would be happy spending under a grand between parts/install for a cool uneven idle sound. You'd think they'd be working on their own cams if Ford racing isn't making the cut.

Sponsored

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Turbo kit , meth , tune + and exhaust = 400+ Rwhp

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I made my own exhaust front to back because i couldnt find a sound i liked . Ill post a video

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
those subi sounds come from the unequal length turbo manifold and the boxer engine its just the nature of the beast with those setups. evos have decade old engines so they have a ton of time under the scope of aftermarket manufactures its nothing to throw a set of big cams in a 4g motor. Our motors are still new and "unexplored". I'd take the smooth sound and quick spool of our motors anyday

Hageln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Just a question, why buy a '16 and immediately spend thousands on mods instead of just getting a GT?

OP
OP
UnderTheRadar

UnderTheRadar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Well crap. I don't want to go backwards on the exhaust. What's done is done. If I had to do it again, I probably would not have gotten the MBRP. I would have stuck with MAP for the catback and probably gone straight for the MAP turbo kit, as the MAP CAI and DP I have are somehow not compatible with their turbo kit (as far as I understand). All of the MAP parts I've installed I'm very happy with.
Sponsored