Sponsored

Ford premium maintenance and Portfolio protection plan good or dumb?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
here’s of what it looks like.

8E44FE61-03D8-4A46-8E53-A48FC7CB7A7B.jpeg
This appears to be your extended warranty. I have no idea who this company is. It is certainly not Ford. My recommendation would be to cancel this immediately and get a legitimate Ford warranty.

Can you show us your maintenance warranty?

By the way understand that this warranty starts on day one of your getting your car but doesn't begins after with Ford 36 months or 36,000 miles warranty expires. This also happens with the Ford warranty.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
This appears to be your extended warranty. I have no idea who this company is. It is certainly not Ford. My recommendation would be to cancel this immediately and get a legitimate Ford warranty.

Can you show us your maintenance warranty?

By the way understand that this warranty starts on day one of your getting your car but doesn't begins after with Ford 36 months or 36,000 miles warranty expires. This also happens with the Ford warranty.
This my Ford plan. Should I cancel the other one ?
98507291-17B7-4223-97D9-CDA701694876.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
damn , guess I need to cancel them . How do you buy them online ?
Use the links that i sent you in post #11. Start reading everything about all of the different plans. There are a number options so read carefully. All three Ford dealers offer the exact same product but they may offer different pricing. You go with the lowest cost.

The first thing you need to figure out is how are you going to use your car. How many miles per year and how many years. For the maintenance plans you determine how often you want oil changes. For instance if it were me I do changes every 5k miles but only put on that yearly so one change per year. So I would probably look at the 8 year 48k plan for $1200.00

For the extended warranty remember that although the plans start at day 1, mile 1, the coverage doesn't start until your factory warranties are finished. There are four plans but I would recommend the Premium care as it covers almost everything. You also chose your deductible. For me, again, 5k a year for maximum years. After the factory warranty 3/36 I would need eight years, 36K miles. It would cost me $700.00.

So figure out what you need and what you want and then hit the numbers. I would love to see what they are and how much you will pay. Just remember you do not have to do the extended warranty until towards the end of your factory warranty. I'm going to do mine in January as my car will hit 36 months in March. That said call the dealer and ask if you can get a discount if you buy both plans at the same time. Good luck.

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 3.59.53 PM.png

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
damn , guess I need to cancel them . How do you buy them online ?
Follow the link above and fill out the form. Very easy. I got me ESP from Flood Ford as well And went with the 8 years, 75000 miles and $200 deductible which was $1200. I have no plans to sell this GT and will probably not hit the miles in 8 years but have peace of mind.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Follow the link above and fill out the form. Very easy. I got me ESP from Flood Ford as well And went with the 84 month 75000 miles which was $1200. I have no plans to sell this GT and will probably not hit the miles in 7 years but have peace of mind.
I just priced my 2 1/2 year old car with 12K miles. PremiumCare 8 years, 36K miles, zero deductible. Cost is $800. Increase the mileage to 60K and the price goes to $1205.

Please don’t buy something until you see the money for the cancelled ones back in your bank account. Many of these companies will fight to keep the money you paid.
Excellent point. Your dealer is about to lose $6-7K probably the entire profit on your sale. Do not expect to cancel it so easily. Even if they offer you a large discount, pass. It's too expensive at half the price.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Use the links that i sent you in post #11. Start reading everything about all of the different plans. There are a number options so read carefully. All three Ford dealers offer the exact same product but they may offer different pricing. You go with the lowest cost.

The first thing you need to figure out is how are you going to use your car. How many miles per year and how many years. For the maintenance plans you determine how often you want oil changes. For instance if it were me I do changes every 5k miles but only put on that yearly so one change per year. So I would probably look at the 8 year 48k plan for $1200.00

For the extended warranty remember that although the plans start at day 1, mile 1, the coverage doesn't start until your factory warranties are finished. There are four plans but I would recommend the Premium care as it covers almost everything. You also chose your deductible. For me, again, 5k a year for maximum years. After the factory warranty 3/36 I would need eight years, 36K miles. It would cost me $700.00.

So figure out what you need and what you want and then hit the numbers. I would love to see what they are and how much you will pay. Just remember you do not have to do the extended warranty until towards the end of your factory warranty. I'm going to do mine in January as my car will hit 36 months in March. That said call the dealer and ask if you can get a discount if you buy both plans at the same time. Good luck.

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 3.59.53 PM.png
Your plan is much less $$ than mine so I went online to Flood Ford and... bastidges in Florida won't allow us to buy an online plan! I wonder how much the dealers paid the legislators to pass that one?

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
I just priced my 2 1/2 year old car with 12K miles. PremiumCare 8 years, 36K miles, zero deductible. Cost is $800. Increase the mileage to 60K and the price goes to $1205.

Excellent point. Your dealer is about to lose $6-7K probably the entire profit on your sale. Do not expect to cancel it so easily. Even if they offer you a large discount, pass. It's too expensive at half the price.
Okay, hopefully they don’t try to screw me more

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Please don’t buy something until you see the money for the cancelled ones back in your bank account. Many of these companies will fight to keep the money you paid.
good looking. I’ll deny whatever they try to throw at me. Can’t believe they fooled me 😤

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

I had it wrong…mine is premium plan, 8 years or 75000 miles with $200 deductible for $1,200.00
It includes the coverage for lighting. That is the only option I selected.
I had 300 miles on car when I took this coverage.

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
I had it wrong…mine is premium plan, 8 years or 75000 miles with $200 deductible for $1,200.00
It includes the coverage for lighting. That is the only option I selected.
I had 300 miles on car when I took this coverage.
Always deny all add-ons firmly so don't waste time. Can always buy later.
I know that now lol. Now I got to cancel them

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Due to the complexity of our cars many of us have found the cost of a official Ford ESP extended warranty to be worth the cost of admission.
Not only that, a manufacturer extended warranty adds to your vehicle’s resale value. Just as you said, it’s a form of insurance. As such, there’s no right or wrong answer with obtaining it or not but rather how much risk are you willing to take on and does it fit with your overall risk management strategy.
Sponsored